Parental Style and Consumer Socialization of Children
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grønhøj, Alice & Thøgersen, John, 2012. "Action speaks louder than words: The effect of personal attitudes and family norms on adolescents’ pro-environmental behaviour," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 292-302.
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- Yang, Zhiyong & Kim, Chankon & Laroche, Michel & Lee, Hanjoon, 2014. "Parental style and consumer socialization among adolescents: A cross-cultural investigation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 228-236.
- Hsieh, Yi-Ching & Chiu, Hung-Chang & Lin, Chia-Chi, 2006. "Family communication and parental influence on children's brand attitudes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(10-11), pages 1079-1086, October.
- Palan, Kay M. & Gentina, Elodie & Muratore, Isabelle, 2010. "Adolescent consumption autonomy: A cross-cultural examination," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1342-1348, December.
- Rose, Gregory M. & Boush, David & Shoham, Aviv, 2002. "Family communication and children's purchasing influence: a cross-national examination," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 867-873, November.
- Bao, Yeqing & Fern, Edward F. & Sheng, Shibin, 2007. "Parental style and adolescent influence in family consumption decisions: An integrative approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(7), pages 672-680, July.
- Hasan, Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "Plastic Money/Credit Cards Charisma for Now and Then (A Thin Line between Easy Money and Risky Money)," MPRA Paper 34739, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Flurry, Laura A., 2007. "Children's influence in family decision-making: Examining the impact of the changing American family," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 322-330, April.
- Vipul Bhatt & Masao Ogaki, 2012. "Tough Love And Intergenerational Altruism," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 53(3), pages 791-814, August.
- Yang, Zhiyong & Netemeyer, Richard G., 2015. "Differential effects of parenting strategies on child smoking trajectories: A longitudinal assessment over twelve years," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1273-1282.
- Elodie Gentina & Pallavi Singh, 2015. "How National Culture and Parental Style Affect the Process of Adolescents’ Ecological Resocialization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-23, June.
- Bryce L. Jorgensen & Damon L. Rappleyea & John T. Schweichler & Xiangming Fang & Mary E. Moran, 2017. "The Financial Behavior of Emerging Adults: A Family Financial Socialization Approach," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 57-69, March.
- Kim, Chankon & Yang, Zhiyong & Lee, Hanjoon, 2015. "Parental style, parental practices, and socialization outcomes: An investigation of their linkages in the consumer socialization context," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 15-33.
- Torres, Ivonne M., 2007. "A tale of two theories: Sympathy or competition?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 197-205, March.
- Doug Walker & Russell N. Laczniak & Les Carlson & E. Deanne Brocato, 2016. "Parenting Orientations as Antecedents of Children's Violent Videogame Play," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 430-457, July.
- Rose, Gregory M. & Dalakas, Vassilis & Kropp, Fredric, 2002. "A five-nation study of developmental timetables, reciprocal communication and consumer socialization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 943-949, November.
- Zeynep ÇOPUR & Michael S. GUTTER, 2011. "Financial Socialization of College Students: A Comparison of University Students in Ankara and Florida," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 16(16).
- Aysen Bakir & Scott Vitell, 2010. "The Ethics of Food Advertising Targeted Toward Children: Parental Viewpoint," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 299-311, January.
- Kim, Chankon & Yang, Zhiyong & Lee, Hanjoon, 2009. "Cultural differences in consumer socialization: A comparison of Chinese-Canadian and Caucasian-Canadian children," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 955-962, October.
- Anna Scott & Caroline Oates & William Young, 2015. "A Conceptual Framework of the Adoption and Practice of Environmental Actions in Households," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-26, May.
- Eric V. Bindah & Nor Othman, 2013. "Refining and Validating a Family Communication Measure Using Exploratory and Confirmatory Factor Analysis," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 168-186, January.
- Cai, Yuanyuan & Zhao, Guangzhi & He, Jiaxun, 2015. "Influences of two modes of intergenerational communication on brand equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 553-560.
- repec:bla:jconsa:v:47:y:2013:i:1:p:128-152 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vytautas Dikcius & Anahit Armenakyan & Sigitas Urbonavicius & Gintare Jonyniene & Justina Gineikiene, 2014. "The Influence Of Children On Family Purchasing In Lithuania And Azerbaijan," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 5(2).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jconrs:v:15:y:1988:i:1:p:77-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.