Is Household Wealth Sustainable? An Examination of Asset Poverty Reentry After an Exit
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Derrick, Frederick W & Lehfeld, Alane K, 1980. " The Family Life Cycle: An Alternative Approach," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 214-217, Se.
- Joao F. Cocco, 2005. "Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Housing," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 535-567.
- Stephanie Riegg Cellini & Signe-Mary McKernan & Caroline Ratcliffe, 2008. "The dynamics of poverty in the United States: A review of data, methods, and findings," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 577-605.
- Jan Tin, 2000. "Life-cycle hypothesis, propensities to save, and demand for financial assets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 24(2), pages 110-121, June.
- Cynamon Barry Z. & Fazzari Steven M., 2008. "Household Debt in the Consumer Age: Source of Growth--Risk of Collapse," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-32, October.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1997.
"Buffer-Stock Saving and the Life Cycle/Permanent Income Hypothesis,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 1-55.
- Christopher D Carroll, 1990. "Buffer-Stock Saving and the Life Cycle/Permanent Income Hypothesis," Economics Working Paper Archive 371, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics, revised Aug 1996.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1996. "Buffer-Stock Saving and the Life Cycle/Permanent Income Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 5788, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hilary W. Hoynes & Marianne E. Page & Ann Huff Stevens, 2006. "Poverty in America: Trends and Explanations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 47-68, Winter.
- Ann Huff Stevens, 1999.
"Climbing out of Poverty, Falling Back in: Measuring the Persistence of Poverty Over Multiple Spells,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(3), pages 557-588.
- Ann Huff Stevens, 1995. "Climbing Out of Poverty, Falling Back In: Measuring the Persistence of Poverty over Multiple Spells," NBER Working Papers 5390, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hyrum Smith & Michael Finke & Sandra Huston, 2012. "Financial Sophistication and Housing Leverage Among Older Households," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 315-327, September.
- Asena Caner & Edward N. Wolff, "undated". "Asset Poverty in The United States: Its Persistence in an Expansionary Economy," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_76, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2003.035576_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- Alice Fothergill & Lori Peek, 2004. "Poverty and Disasters in the United States: A Review of Recent Sociological Findings," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 32(1), pages 89-110, May.
- Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Carter, Michael R., 2003.
"Asset smoothing, consumption smoothing and the reproduction of inequality under risk and subsistence constraints,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 233-260.
- Frederic Zimmerman & MICHAEL R. CARTER, "undated". "Asset Smoothing, Consumption Smoothing and the Reproduction for Inequality under Risk and Subsistence Constraints," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 402, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Marjorie Flavin & Takashi Yamashita, 2002. "Owner-Occupied Housing and the Composition of the Household Portfolio," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 345-362, March.
- Christine Lai, 2006. "Determinants of Portfolio Efficiency Losses in US Self-directed Pension Accounts," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 601-625, December.
- William R. Emmons & Bryan J. Noeth, 2012. "Household financial stability: who suffered the most from the crisis?," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul.
- Tullio Jappelli, 1990. "Who is Credit Constrained in the U. S. Economy?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 219-234.
- Signe-Mary McKernan & Caroline Ratcliffe, 2005. "Events that Trigger Poverty Entries and Exits," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 86(s1), pages 1146-1169.
- Aldo Barba & Massimo Pivetti, 2009. "Rising household debt: Its causes and macroeconomic implications--a long-period analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 113-137, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sherrie L. W. Rhine & Wenhua Di & William H. Greene & Emily Perlmeter, 2016.
"Savings Account Ownership During the Great Recession,"
Journal of Family and Economic Issues,
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 333-348, September.
- Rhine, Sherrie L. W. & Di, Wenhua & Greene, William H. & Ryder Perlmeter, Emily, 2014. "Savings account ownership during the great recession," Perspectives 6, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Manuela Deidda, 2015.
"Economic Hardship, Housing Cost Burden and Tenure Status: Evidence from EU-SILC,"
Journal of Family and Economic Issues,
Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 531-556, December.
- M. Deidda, 2013. "Economic hardship, housing cost burden and tenure status: evidence from EU-SILC," Working Paper CRENoS 201323, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Terri Friedline & Ilsung Nam & Vernon Loke, 2014. "Households’ Net Worth Accumulation Patterns and Young Adults’ Financial Health: Ripple Effects of the Great Recession?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 390-410, September.
- E. Pastrapa & C. Apostolopoulos, 2015. "Estimating Determinants of Borrowing: Evidence from Greece," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 210-223, June.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:35:y:2014:i:2:p:131-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .