Exploring the Design of Financial Counseling for Mortgage Borrowers in Default
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 2004.
"Monetary Discretion, Pricing Complementarity, and Dynamic Multiple Equilibria,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1513-1553.
- Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 2003. "Monetary discretion, pricing complementarity and dynamic multiple equilibria," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 2003. "Monetary Discretion, Pricing Complementarity and Dynamic Multiple Equilibria," NBER Working Papers 9929, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 2004. "Monetary discretion, pricing complementarity and dynamic multiple equilibria," International Finance Discussion Papers 802, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 2004. "Monetary discretion, pricing complementarity, and dynamic multiple equilibria," Working Paper 04-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- King, Robert G. & Wolman, Alexander L., 2004. "Monetary discretion, pricing complementarity and dynamic multiple equilibria," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Valentina Hartarska & Claudio Gonzalez-Vega, 2005. "Credit Counseling and Mortgage Termination by Low-Income Households," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 227-243, April.
- Michael E. Staten & Gregory E. Elliehausen & E. Christopher Lundquist, 2003. "The impact of credit counseling on subsequent borrower credit usage and payment behavior," Proceedings 881, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Evans & Jean Lown, 2008. "Predictors of Chapter 13 Completion Rates: The Role of Socioeconomic Variables and Consumer Debt Type," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 202-218, June.
- Margaret Miller & Julia Reichelstein & Christian Salas & Bilal Zia, 2015.
"Can You Help Someone Become Financially Capable? A Meta-Analysis of the Literature,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 220-246.
- Miller, Margaret & Reichelstein, Julia & Salas, Christian & Zia, Bilal, 2014. "Can you help someone become financially capable ? a meta-analysis of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6745, The World Bank.
- Sumit Agarwal & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Lawrence Mielnicki, 2008. "Do Forbearance Plans Help Mitigate Credit Card Losses?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 191-201, June.
- Jay Zagorsky, 2013. "Do People Save or Spend Their Inheritances? Understanding What Happens to Inherited Wealth," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 64-76, March.
- Cliff Robb, 2011. "Financial Knowledge and Credit Card Behavior of College Students," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 690-698, December.
- Rebecca Haynes-Bordas & D. Kiss & Tansel Yilmazer, 2008. "Effectiveness of Financial Education on Financial Management Behavior and Account Usage: Evidence from a ‘Second Chance’ Program," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 362-390, September.
- J. Michael Collins & Maximilian D. Schmeiser & Carly Urban, 2013. "Protecting Minority Homeowners: Race, Foreclosure Counseling and Mortgage Modifications," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 289-310, July.
- John M. Barron & Michael E. Staten, 2011.
"Is technology-enhanced credit counseling as effective as in-person delivery?,"
11-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- John M. Barron & Michael E. Staten, 2012. "Is Technology-Enhanced Credit Counseling as Effective as In-Person Delivery?," NFI Working Papers 2012-WP-05, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Stephanie Moulton & Cäzilia Loibl & Anya Samak & J. Michael Collins, 2013. "Borrowing Capacity and Financial Decisions of Low-to-Moderate Income First-Time Homebuyers," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 375-403, November.
- Robert Scott, 2010. "Credit Card Ownership Among American High School Seniors: 1997–2008," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 151-160, June.
- Lei Ding & Roberto G. Quercia & Janneke Ratcliffe, 2008. "Post-purchase Counseling and Default Resolutions among Low- and Moderate-Income Borrowers," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 30(3), pages 315-344.
- Richard Waldron & Declan Redmond, 2016. "Stress in Suburbia: Counting the Costs of Ireland's Property Crash and Mortgage Arrears Crisis," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 107(4), pages 484-501, September.
- J. Collins, 2011. "Mortgage Mistakes? Demographic Factors Associated with Problematic Loan Application Behaviors," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 586-599, December.
- Benjamin Levinger & Marques Benton & Stephan Meier, 2011. "The Cost of Not Knowing the Score: Self-Estimated Credit Scores and Financial Outcomes," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 566-585, December.
- Russell, Blair D. & Moulton, Stephanie & Greenbaum, Robert T., 2014. "Take-up of mortgage assistance for distressed homeowners: The role of geographic accessibility," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 57-74.
- Andrew Carswell, 2009. "Does Housing Counseling Change Consumer Financial Behaviors? Evidence from Philadelphia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 339-356, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit counseling; Foreclosure; Mortgage default counseling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:28:y:2007:i:2:p:207-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.