Endogenous Timing in a Mixed Oligopoly with Foreign Competitors: the Linear Demand Case
We introduce foreign private firms into the model of Pal (1998) and investigate the impact of the introduction of foreign private firms on the endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly in the linear demand case.We find that the public firm chooses to be a follower of all domestic private firms and that the public firm chooses not to be a leader of all foreign private firms, which is in contrast to Matsumura (2003).
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz & María Begoña Garzón, 2003.
"Mixed Duopoly, Merger and Multiproduct Firms,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 80(1), pages 27-42, 08.
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S., 2004. "Mixed oligopoly, subsidization and the order of firm's moves: the relevance of privatization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 411-416, June.
- Kenneth Fjell & Debashis Pal, 1996. "A Mixed Oligopoly in the Presence of Foreign Private Firms," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 737-43, August.
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2006.
"Mixed oligopoly, foreign firms, and location choice,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 753-772, November.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2005. "Mixed Oligopoly, Foreign Firms, and Location Choice," Discussion Papers 2005-21, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Fjell, Kenneth & Heywood, John S, 2002. "Public Stackelberg Leadership in a Mixed Oligopoly with Foreign Firms," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 267-81, September.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990.
"Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988. "Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria," Papers 88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Pal, Debashis, 1998. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 181-185, November.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2006.
"The Choice Of Capacity In Mixed Duopoly Under Demand Uncertainty,"
University of Manchester, vol. 74(3), pages 266-272, 06.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2004. "The Choice of Capacity in Mixed Duopoly under Demand Uncertainty," CEMA Working Papers 507, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2003. "Mixed Duopoly with Product Differentiation: Sequential Choice of Location," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 18-34, 03.
- Lorenz NETT, 1993. "Mixed Oligopoly With Homogeneous Goods," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 367-393, 07.
- Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Stackelberg Mixed Duopoly with a Foreign Competitor," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 275-287, 07.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Mixed oligopoly and spatial agglomeration," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 62-87, February.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1994:i:33:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Osamu Kanda, 2005. "Mixed Oligopoly at Free Entry Markets," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 27-48, 02.
- Jacques, Armel, 2004. "Endogenous timing in a mixed oligopoly: a forgotten equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 147-148, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:88:y:2006:i:1:p:49-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.