Entry regulation and social welfare with an integer problem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kotaro Suzumura & Kazuharu Kiyono, 1987. "Entry Barriers and Economic Welfare," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 157-167.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1988. "Helping Minor Firms Reduces Welfare," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1199-1202, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1981. "Potential Competition May Reduce Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 184-189, May.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Konishi, Hideki & Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Suzumura, Kotaro, 1990. "Oligopolistic competition and economic welfare : A general equilibrium analysis of entry regulation and tax-subsidy schemes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 67-88, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gu Yiquan & Wenzel Tobias, 2012. "Price-Dependent Demand in Spatial Models," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Adam T. Jones, 2016. "Mileage tax, property tax, sales tax, or fee: the best way to pay for commercial infrastructure that isn’t free," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 36(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Ming Chung Chang & Hsiao-Ping Peng, 2009. "Structure Regulation, Price Structure, Cross-Subsidization And Marginal Cost Of Public Funds," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(6), pages 675-698, December.
- Keisuke Hattori & Takeshi Yoshikawa, 2016.
"Free entry and social inefficiency under co-opetition,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 97-119, June.
- Hattori, Keisuke & Yoshikawa, Takeshi, 2013. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency under Co-opetition," MPRA Paper 44816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias, 2009.
"A note on the excess entry theorem in spatial models with elastic demand,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 567-571, September.
- Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias, 2007. "A Note on the Excess Entry Theorem in Spatial Models with Elastic Demand," Ruhr Economic Papers 33, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Francisco Galera & Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio, 2011. "Excessive entry and the integer constraint with many firms: a note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 271-287, July.
- Gu, Yiquan & Rasch, Alexander & Wenzel, Tobias, 2014. "Price-sensitive demand and market entry," DICE Discussion Papers 165, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Cato, Susumu & Matsumura, Toshihiro, 2013. "Entry-License Tax: Stackelberg versus Cournot," MPRA Paper 81297, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2017.
- repec:bpj:bejtec:v:17:y:2017:i:2:p:9:n:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ikuo Ishibashi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2006. "Inviting entrants may help incumbent firms," Discussion Papers 2006-46, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- repec:bla:presci:v:95:y:2016:i:4:p:865-875 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsentry regulation; excess entry; integer problem; L13; L51;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:71:y:2000:i:1:p:47-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .