Stock market response to changes in movies’ opening dates
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, 08.
- De Vany, A. & Walls, W.D., 2000.
"Does Hollywood make too many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation,"
99-00-24, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Arthur De Vany & W. David Walls, 2002. "Does Hollywood Make Too Many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 425-452, July.
- Caruana, Guillermo & Einav, Liran, 2005.
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt0n71m1ch, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2006. "Production Targets," 2006 Meeting Papers 16, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2005. "Production Targets," Discussion Papers 04-032, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2006. "Production Targets," NBER Working Papers 11958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2006. "Production Targets," Working Papers wp2006_0602, CEMFI.
- Graham, John R. & Li, Si & Qiu, Jiaping, 2008.
"Corporate misreporting and bank loan contracting,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 44-61, July.
- Maura P. Doyle & Christopher M. Snyder, 1999.
"Information Sharing and Competition in the Motor Vehicle Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1326-1364, December.
- Maura P. Doyle & Christopher M. Snyder, 1997. "Information sharing and competition in the motor vehicle industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
- Christensen, Laurits Rolf & Caves, Richard E, 1997. "Cheap Talk and Investment Rivalry in the Pulp and Paper Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 47-73, March.
- W David Walls, 2004.
"Modeling movie success when "nobody knows anything": Conditional stable distribution analysis of film returns,"
Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings
409, Econometric Society.
- W. Walls, 2005. "Modeling Movie Success When ‘Nobody Knows Anything’: Conditional Stable-Distribution Analysis Of Film Returns," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 177-190, August.
- Dranove, D. & Gandal, N., 1999. "The DVD vs. DIVX Standard War: Network Effects and Empirical Evidence of Vaporware," Papers 14-99, Tel Aviv.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- C. Edward Fee, 2002. "The Costs of Outside Equity Control: Evidence from Motion Picture Financing Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 681-712, October.
- Darius Palia & S. Abraham Ravid & Natalia Reisel, 2008. "Choosing to Cofinance: Analysis of Project-Specific Alliances in the Movie Industry," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 483-511, April.
- Palmrose, Zoe-Vonna & Richardson, Vernon J. & Scholz, Susan, 2004. "Determinants of market reactions to restatement announcements," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 59-89, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:33:y:2009:i:4:p:311-319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.