Stock market response to changes in movies’ opening dates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Graham, John R. & Li, Si & Qiu, Jiaping, 2008. "Corporate misreporting and bank loan contracting," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 44-61, July.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2008.
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 39(4), pages 990-1017.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2005. "Production Targets," Discussion Papers 04-032, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2006. "Production Targets," 2006 Meeting Papers 16, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Guillermo Caruana & Liran Einav, 2006. "Production Targets," NBER Working Papers 11958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caruana, Guillermo & Einav, Liran, 2005. "Production Targets," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0n71m1ch, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Darius Palia & S. Abraham Ravid & Natalia Reisel, 2008. "Choosing to Cofinance: Analysis of Project-Specific Alliances in the Movie Industry," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 483-511, April.
- W. Walls, 2005.
"Modeling Movie Success When ‘Nobody Knows Anything’: Conditional Stable-Distribution Analysis Of Film Returns,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 29(3), pages 177-190, August.
- W David Walls, 2004. "Modeling movie success when "nobody knows anything": Conditional stable distribution analysis of film returns," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 409, Econometric Society.
- Maura P. Doyle & Christopher M. Snyder, 1999.
"Information Sharing and Competition in the Motor Vehicle Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1326-1364, December.
- Maura P. Doyle & Christopher M. Snyder, 1997. "Information sharing and competition in the motor vehicle industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Palmrose, Zoe-Vonna & Richardson, Vernon J. & Scholz, Susan, 2004. "Determinants of market reactions to restatement announcements," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 59-89, February.
- Christensen, Laurits Rolf & Caves, Richard E, 1997. "Cheap Talk and Investment Rivalry in the Pulp and Paper Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Dranove, D. & Gandal, N., 1999. "The DVD vs. DIVX Standard War: Network Effects and Empirical Evidence of Vaporware," Papers 14-99, Tel Aviv.
- Arthur De Vany & W. David Walls, 2002.
"Does Hollywood Make Too Many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 425-452, July.
- De Vany, A. & Walls, W.D., 2000. "Does Hollywood make too many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation," Papers 99-00-24, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, August.
- C. Edward Fee, 2002. "The Costs of Outside Equity Control: Evidence from Motion Picture Financing Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 681-712, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:425-439 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jculte:v:42:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10824-017-9291-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jculte:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10824-016-9273-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Izquierdo Sanchez, Sofia, 2014. "Managing the supply of short-life products. A duration analysis approach using the UK film industry," MPRA Paper 79024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rocco Ciciretti & Iftekhar Hasan & Maya Waisman, 2015. "Distribution strategy and movie performance: an empirical note," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(1), pages 179-187, June.
More about this item
KeywordsMotion pictures; Release dates; Stock market response;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:33:y:2009:i:4:p:311-319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .