Learning-by-Consuming and the Dynamics of the Demand and Prices of Cultural Goods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mansoorian, Arman, 1993. "Habit persistence and the Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect in an infinite horizon model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 153-166, February.
- Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1995. "On pricing the priceless: Comments on the economics of the visual art market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 509-518, April.
- Carroll, Christopher D & Overland, Jody & Weil, David N, 1997.
"Comparison Utility in a Growth Model,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 339-367, December.
- Christopher D Carroll & Jody Overland & David N Weil, 1997. "Comparison Utility in a Growth Model," Economics Working Paper Archive 387, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jody Overland & David N. Weil, 1997. "Comparison Utility in a Growth Model," NBER Working Papers 6138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Wan, Henry, 1970. "Optimal Saving Programs under Intertemporally Dependent Preferences," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 521-547, October.
- Carroll, Christopher D., 2000.
"Solving consumption models with multiplicative habits,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 67-77, July.
- Christopher D Carroll, 2000. "Solving Consumption Models with Multiplicative Habits," Economics Working Paper Archive 421, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaeok Park, 2015. "Cultural Barriers in International Trade and the," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 31, pages 267-300.
- Campaniello, N & Richiardi, M, 2015. "The role of museums in bilateral tourist flows: Evidence from Italy," Economics Discussion Papers 15638, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Peter Earl & Jason Potts, 2013. "The creative instability hypothesis," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 37(2), pages 153-173, May.
- Marco Guerzoni & Massimiliano Nuccio, 2014.
"Music consumption at the dawn of the music industry: the rise of a cultural fad,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(2), pages 145-171, May.
- Guerzoni, Marco & Nuccio, Massimiliano, 2012. "Music consumption at the dawn of the music industry: the rise of a cultural fad," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201217, University of Turin.
- Ormerod, Paul, 2015. "The economics of radical uncertainty," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 9, pages 1-20.
- Leroch, Martin A. & Wellbrock, Christian M., 2011. "Saving newspapers with public grants – The effects of press subsidies on the provision of journalistic quality," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 281-286.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette, 2011.
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 26
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette, 2011. "Demand," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00525932, HAL.
- Sangho KIM & Donghyun PARK, 2010. "Addictive behavior in cinema demand: evidence from Korea," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1002, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- José Manuel Madeira Belbute & Paulo Brito, 2006. "On Intertemporal Dependent Preferences with regard Environmental Goods and Services," Economics Working Papers 06_2006, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Marco Alderighi & Eleonora Lorenzini, 2012. "Cultural goods, cultivation of taste, satisfaction and increasing marginal utility during vacations," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 36(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Keita Kinjo & Shinya Sugawara, 2014. "An Empirical Analysis for a Case-based Decision to Watch Japanese TV dramas," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-940, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Chiara Dalle Nogare & Raffaele Scuderi, 2016. "Frequency of museum attendance: motivation matters," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(3), pages 261-283, August.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Chiara Dalle Nogare & Raffaele Scuderi, 2014. "How often to a museum? Motivations matter," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS16, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Cellini, Roberto & Cuccia, Tiziana, 2017. "How free admittance affects charged visits to museums: An analysis of the Italian case," MPRA Paper 78067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Affortunato Francesca & Castagna Alina & Crociata Alessandro & D'Angelo Francesca, 2010. "Evaluating The Culture-Led Regeneration," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 1062-1066, December.
- Nadia Campaniello & Matteo Richiardi, 2011. "Beggar-thy-neighbor in Art Consumption: Evidence from the “Bel Paese”," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 116, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
More about this item
Keywordscultural goods; dynamics of demand; dynamics of prices; intertemporally dependent preferences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:29:y:2005:i:2:p:83-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.