Research Note: Iterative Bid Design in Contingent Valuation and the Estimation of the Revenue Maximising Price for a Cultural Good
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Paul Combs & Rickey C. Kirkpatrick & Jason F. Shogren & Joseph A. Herriges, 1993.
"Matching Grants and Public Goods: a Closed-Ended Contingent Valuation Experiment,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 21(2), pages 178-195, April.
- J. Paul Combs & Rickey C. Kirkpatrick & Jason F. Shogren & Joseph A. Herriges, 1992. "Matching Grants and Public Goods: A Closed-Ended Contingent Valuation Experiment," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 92-wp95, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Combs, J. Paul & Herriges, Joseph A. & Kirkpatrick, Rickey C. & Shogren, Jason F., 1993. "Matching Grants and Public Goods: A Closed-Ended Contingent Valuation Experiment," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10784, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Walter Santagata & Giovanni Signorello, 2000. "Contingent Valuation of a Cultural Public Good and Policy Design: The Case of ``Napoli Musei Aperti''," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(3), pages 181-204, August.
- Brookshire, David S. & Ives, Berry C. & Schulze, William D., 1976. "The valuation of aesthetic preferences," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 325-346, December.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Langford, Ian H. & Jones, Andrew P. & Kerr, Geoffrey N., 2001. "Bound and path effects in double and triple bounded dichotomous choice contingent valuation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 191-213, July.
- Thayer, Mark A., 1981. "Contingent valuation techniques for assessing environmental impacts: Further evidence," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 27-44, March.
- Langford, Ian H. & Bateman, Ian J., 1996.
"Elicitation and truncation effects in contingent valuation studies,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 265-267, December.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Langford, Ian H. & Turner, R. Kerry & Willis, Ken G. & Garrod, Guy D., 1995. "Elicitation and truncation effects in contingent valuation studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 161-179, February.
- Joseph Cooper & John Loomis, 1992. "Sensitivity of Willingness-to-Pay Estimates to Bid Design in Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(2), pages 211-224.
- Susana Mourato & Ece Ozdemiroglu & Tannis Hett & Giles Atkinson, 2004. "Pricing Cultural Heritage," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(3), pages 95-113, July.
- Rowe, Robert D. & D'Arge, Ralph C. & Brookshire, David S., 1980. "An experiment on the economic value of visibility," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Randall, Alan & Ives, Berry & Eastman, Clyde, 1974. "Bidding games for valuation of aesthetic environmental improvements," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 132-149, August.
- Kevin J. Boyle & Richard C. Bishop & Michael P. Welsh, 1985. "Starting Point Bias in Contingent Valuation Bidding Games," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 188-194.
- K. G. Willis & N. A. Powe, 1998. "Contingent Valuation and Real Economic Commitments: A Private Good Experiment," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 611-619.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno S. Frey, "undated".
"What Values Should Count in the Arts? The Tension between Economic Effects and Cultural Value,"
IEW - Working Papers
253, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2005. "What Values Should Count in the Arts? The Tension between Economic Effects and Cultural Value," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-24, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Boter, Jaap & Rouwendal, Jan & Wedel, Michel, 2004. "Employing Travel Costs to Compare the Use Value of Competing Cultural Organizations," Serie Research Memoranda 0011, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2003. "Valuing cultural heritage in a multi-attribute framework microeconomic perspectives and policy implications," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 549-569, November.
- Isabel Mendes, 2016. "Assessing the Values of Archaeological Heritage," Working Papers Department of Economics 2016/02, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Jones, Nikoleta & Sophoulis, Costas M. & Malesios, Chrisovaladis, 2008. "Economic valuation of coastal water quality and protest responses: A case study in Mitilini, Greece," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2478-2491, December.
- Dr. Jadwiga Ziolkowska, 2009. "Environmental benefit, side effects and objective-oriented financing of agri-environmental measures: case study of Poland," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 2(1), pages 71-88, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:26:y:2002:i:4:p:307-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .