Governance in the Australian Superannuation Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vafeas, Nikos, 1999. "Board meeting frequency and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 113-142, July.
- Michael Useem & Olivia S. Mitchell, "undated".
"Holders of the Purse Strings: Governance and Performance of Public Retirement Systems,"
Pension Research Council Working Papers
2000-3, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Useem & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2000. "Holders of the Purse Strings: Governance and Performance of Public Retirement Systems," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Ryan, Lori Verstegen & Dennis, Bryan, 2003. "The Ethical Undercurrents of Pension Fund Management: Establishing a Research Agenda," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 315-335, July.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Richard C. Green, 2004.
"Mutual Fund Flows and Performance in Rational Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(6), pages 1269-1295, December.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Richard C. Green, 2002. "Mutual Fund Flows and Performance in Rational Markets," NBER Working Papers 9275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Richard C. Green, 2002. "Mutual Fund Flows and Performance in Rational Markets," FAME Research Paper Series rp100, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Cheng, Shijun, 2008. "Board size and the variability of corporate performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 157-176, January.
- Michael E. Drew & Jon D. Stanford, 2003.
"Principal and Agent Problems in Superannuation Funds,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 36(1), pages 98-107.
- Michael E. Drew & Jon D. Stanford, 2003. "Principal and Agent Problems in Superannuation Funds," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 142, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Chris Bilson & Angela Frino & Richard Heaney, 2005. "Australian retail fund performance persistence," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 45(1), pages 25-42.
- Coleman, Anthony D. F. & Esho, Neil & Wong, Michelle, 2006. "The impact of agency costs on the investment performance of Australian pension funds," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 299-324, November.
- Joseph Chen & Harrison Hong & Ming Huang & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2004. "Does Fund Size Erode Mutual Fund Performance? The Role of Liquidity and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1276-1302, December.
- K.V. Peasnell & P.F. Pope & S. Young, 2005. "Board Monitoring and Earnings Management: Do Outside Directors Influence Abnormal Accruals?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(7-8), pages 1311-1346.
- Erickson, John & Park, Yun W. & Reising, Joe & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2005. "Board composition and firm value under concentrated ownership: the Canadian evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 387-410, September.
More about this item
Keywordsboard of trustees; superannuation governance; pension plan governance; fund performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:99:y:2011:i:2:p:183-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.