Political and Economic Arguments for Corporate Social Responsibility: Analysis and a Proposition Regarding the CSR Agenda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heath, Joseph, 2006. "Business Ethics without Stakeholders," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 533-557, October.
- John Christensen & Richard Murphy, 2004. "The Social Irresponsibility of Corporate Tax Avoidance: Taking CSR to the bottom line," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 47(3), pages 37-44, September.
- Lorenzo Sacconi, 2006. "A Social Contract Account for CSR as an Extended Model of Corporate Governance (I): Rational Bargaining and Justification," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 259-281, October.
- Thomas Dunfee, 2006. "A Critical Perspective of Integrative Social Contracts Theory: Recurring Criticisms and Next Generation Research Topics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 303-328, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chieh-Peng Lin & Yuan-Hui Tsai & Sheng-Wuu Joe & Chou-Kang Chiu, 2012. "Modeling the Relationship Among Perceived Corporate Citizenship, Firms’ Attractiveness, and Career Success Expectation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 83-93, January.
- Chieh-Peng Lin & Yehuda Baruch & Wei-Chi Shih, 2012. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Team Performance: The Mediating Role of Team Efficacy and Team Self-Esteem," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(2), pages 167-180, June.
- Rong-Tsu Wang, 2013. "Modeling Corporate Social Performance and Job Pursuit Intention: Mediating Mechanisms of Corporate Reputation and Job Advancement Prospects," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 569-582, October.
- Rosetta Lombardo, 2009. "Beyond Compliance: Firms’ Environmental Behaviour. A Survey," Working Papers 200918, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Yuan-Hui Tsai & Sheng-Wuu Joe & Chieh-Peng Lin & Rong-Tsu Wang, 2014. "Modeling Job Pursuit Intention: Moderating Mechanisms of Socio-Environmental Consciousness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 287-298, December.
- João Guerreiro & Paulo Rita & Duarte Trigueiros, 2016. "A Text Mining-Based Review of Cause-Related Marketing Literature," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 111-128, November.
- R. W. Major & Madina Rival, 2012. "From informal practices to formal conduct: Which ethical practices and issues for French lobbying consulting?," Working Papers halshs-00709380, HAL.
- Placide Abasabanye & Franck Bailly & François-Xavier Devetter, 2018. "Does Contact Between Employees and Service Recipients Lead to Socially More Responsible Behaviours? The Case of Cleaning," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 153(3), pages 813-824, December.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra, 2018. "The Evolution of Business Groups’ Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 153(4), pages 997-1016, December.
- Eusebius Pantja Pramudya & Otto Hospes & C. J. A. M. Termeer, 2018. "Friend or foe? The various responses of the Indonesian state to sustainable non-state palm oil initiatives," Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Dongyong Zhang & Stephen Morse & Uma Kambhamptati & Bingjun Li, 2014. "Evolving Corporate Social Responsibility in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Chieh-Peng Lin, 2010. "Modeling Corporate Citizenship, Organizational Trust, and Work Engagement Based on Attachment Theory," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(4), pages 517-531, July.
- Ali Alotaibi & Francis Edum-Fotwe & Andrew D.F. Price, 2019. "Critical Barriers to Social Responsibility Implementation within Mega-Construction Projects: The Case of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-27, March.
- Alamo Alexandre da Silva Batista & Antonio Carlos de Francisco, 2018. "Organizational Sustainability Practices: A Study of the Firms Listed by the Corporate Sustainability Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-13, January.
- María Inmaculada Alonso Carrillo & Alba María Priego De La Cruz & Montserrat Nuñez Chicharro, 2019. "The Impact of Corporate Governance on Corruption Disclosure in European Listed Firms through the Implementation of Directive 2014/95/EU," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-21, November.
More about this item
Keywordsbroader goals; corporate social responsibility; market failures; market functioning; multinational enterprises; neo-liberal economics; social contract; stakeholder theory; welfare impact;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:86:y:2009:i:4:p:417-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.