The Nature of the Firm, Agency Theory and Shareholder Theory: A Critique from Philosophical Anthropology
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coase, R H, 1988. "The Nature of the Firm: Influence," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 33-47, Spring.
- Coase, R H, 1988. "The Nature of the Firm: Meaning," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 19-32, Spring.
- Maitland, Ian, 1994. "The Morality of the Corporation: An Empirical or Normative Disagreement?," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 445-458, October.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2009. "The common good of the company and the theory of organization," IESE Research Papers D/777, IESE Business School.
- Stéphanie Arnaud & David Wasieleski, 2014. "Corporate Humanistic Responsibility: Social Performance Through Managerial Discretion of the HRM," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 120(3), pages 313-334, March.
- Boudewijn Bruin, 2013. "Epistemic Virtues in Business," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 113(4), pages 583-595, April.
- repec:ibn:jmsjnl:v:7:y:2017:i:3:p:75-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:ijimxx:v:21:y:2017:i:01:n:s1363919617500360 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alma Acevedo, 2012. "Personalist Business Ethics and Humanistic Management: Insights from Jacques Maritain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 197-219.
- Tomás Lopes Ilídio, 2014. "The information compliance indexes: The illustrative case of income taxes," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 59(4), pages 11-37, octubre-d.
- Alejo Sison & Joan Fontrodona, 2011. "The Common Good of Business: Addressing a Challenge Posed by «Caritas in Veritate»," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 99-107, March.
- Ericka Costa & Tommaso Ramus, 2012. "The Italian Economia Aziendale and Catholic Social Teaching: How to Apply the Common Good Principle at the Managerial Level," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 103-116.
- Ruiz Palomino, Pablo & Bañón Gomis, Alexis J. & Ruiz Amaya, Carmen, 2011. "Morals in business organizations: an approach based on strategic value and strength for business management," Cuadernos de Gestión, Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE).
- Maria Lucas-Pérez & Antonio Mínguez-Vera & Juan Baixauli-Soler & Juan Martín-Ugedo & Gregorio Sánchez-Marín, 2015. "Women on the Board and Managers’ Pay: Evidence from Spain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 265-280, June.
- Patricia Gabaldon & Stefan Gröschl, 2015. "A Few Good Companies: Rethinking Firms’ Responsibilities Toward Common Pool Resources," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 579-588, December.
- Martin C. Schleper & Constantin Blome & David A. Wuttke, 2017. "The Dark Side of Buyer Power: Supplier Exploitation and the Role of Ethical Climates," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 97-114.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:145:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3130-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsnature of the firm; agency theory; shareholder theory; personalism; common good;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:66:y:2006:i:1:p:33-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .