Tax avoidance versus tax evasion: on some determinants of the shadow economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isachsen, Arne Jon & Strom, Steinar, 1980. " The Hidden Economy: The Labor Market and Tax Evasion," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 82(2), pages 304-311.
- Lars P. Feld & Friedrich Schneider, 2010. "Survey on the Shadow Economy and Undeclared Earnings in OECD Countries," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 109-149, May.
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider, 2007.
"What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries,"
Social Science Quarterly,
Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 88(2), pages 443-470.
- Friedrich G. Schneider & Benno Torgler, 2006. "What shapes attitudes toward paying taxes? Evidence from multicultural european countries," Economics working papers 2006-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich G., 2006. "What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt5q14k3wr, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich, 2006. "What Shapes Attitudes Toward Paying Taxes? Evidence from Multicultural European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2117, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Friedrich Schneider (ed.), 2008. "The Economics of the Hidden Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 3074.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Neck, Reinhard, 1992. "The development of the shadow economy under changing tax systems and structures: Some theoretical and empirical results for Austria," Discussion Papers, Series II 195, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1990. "Cheating the Government: The Economics of Evasion," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532484, March.
- Cowell, F A, 1990. "Tax Sheltering and the Cost of Evasion," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(1), pages 231-243, January.
- Joel Slemrod, 2001.
"A General Model of the Behavioral Response to Taxation,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(2), pages 119-128, March.
- Joel Slemrod, 1998. "A General Model of the Behavioral Response to Taxation," NBER Working Papers 6582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerasimos T. Soldatos, 2016. "An Anti-Austerity Policy Recipe Against Debt Accumulation in the Presence of Hidden Economy," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(2), pages 90-99, February.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Claudio Cesaroni, 2018.
"Tax reforms and the underground economy: a simulation-based analysis,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 25(2), pages 458-518, April.
- Barbara Annicchiarico & Claudio Cesaroni, 2016. "Tax Reforms and the Underground Economy: A Simulation-Based Analysis," CEIS Research Paper 366, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 10 Feb 2016.
- repec:bpj:aelcon:v:7:y:2017:i:1:p:47:n:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blaufus, Kay & Hundsdoerfer, Jochen & Jacob, Martin & Sünwoldt, Matthias, 2016. "Does legality matter? The case of tax avoidance and evasion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 182-206.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A., 2016.
"Shining a light on the shadows: Identifying robust determinants of the shadow economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 351-364.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2016. "Robust Determinants of the Shadow Economy: An International Comparison," CESifo Working Paper Series 5873, CESifo Group Munich.
- Blaufus, Kay & Braune, Matthias & Hundsdoerfer, Jochen & Jacob, Martin, 2015. "Does legality matter? The case of tax avoidance and evasion," Discussion Papers 2015/23, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Saunoris, James W. & Schneider, Friedrich, 2019.
"Drivers of the underground economy for over a century: A long term look for the United States,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 95-106.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Saunoris, James W. & Schneider, Friedrich, 2017. "Drivers of the Underground Economy around the Millienium: A Long Term Look for the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 10857, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:52:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11135-017-0471-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blaufus, Kay & Braune, Matthias & Hundsdoerfer, Jochen & Jacob, Martin, 2015. "Does legality matter? The case of tax avoidance and evasion," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 193, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
More about this item
KeywordsShadow economy; Tax evasion; Tax avoidance; Tax system; Labor market regulation; H26; H31; H24;
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:19:y:2012:i:1:p:104-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.