The Impact of Land-Use Change on Ecosystem Services, Biodiversity and Returns to Landowners: A Case Study in the State of Minnesota
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruben N. Lubowski & Andrew J. Plantinga & Robert N. Stavins, 2008.
"What Drives Land-Use Change in the United States? A National Analysis of Landowner Decisions,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(4), pages 529-550.
- Lubowski, Ruben & Plantinga, Andrew & Stavins, Robert, 2007. "What Drives Land Use Change in the United States? A National Analysis of Landowner Decisions," Working Paper Series rwp07-059, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Robert N. Stavins & Ruben N. Lubowski & Andrew J. Plantinga, 2008. "What Drives Land-Use Change in the United States? A National Analysis of Landowner Decisions," Working Papers 2008.83, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ruben N. Lubowski & Andrew J. Plantinga & Robert N. Stavins, 2007. "What Drives Land-Use Change in the United States? A National Analysis of Landowner Decisions," NBER Working Papers 13572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F. & Bastian, Chris & Kivi, Paul & Donner, Jennifer & Smith, Rodney B. W., 2002. "Agglomeration bonus: an incentive mechanism to reunite fragmented habitat for biodiversity conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 305-328, May.
- Keeney, Roman & Hertel, Thomas, 2008. "The Indirect Land Use Impacts of U.S. Biofuel Policies: The Importance of Acreage, Yield, and Bilateral Trade Responses," GTAP Working Papers 2810, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Lubowski, Ruben N. & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Stavins, Robert N., 2006.
"Land-use change and carbon sinks: Econometric estimation of the carbon sequestration supply function,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 135-152, March.
- Lubowski, Ruben & Plantinga, Andrew & Stavins, Robert, 2005. "Land-Use Change and Carbon Sinks: Econometric Estimation of the Carbon Sequestration Supply Function," Working Paper Series rwp05-001, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F., 2007. "Spatial incentives to coordinate contiguous habitat," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 344-355, December.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2009. "The Economic Effects of Climate Change," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 29-51, Spring.
- Lewis, David J. & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Nelson, Erik & Polasky, Stephen, 2011.
"The efficiency of voluntary incentive policies for preventing biodiversity loss,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 192-211, January.
- Lewis, David J. & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Nelson, Erik & Polasky, Stephen, 2009. "The Efficiency of Voluntary Incentive Policies for Preventing Biodiversity Loss," Staff Paper Series 533, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:19:y:2016:i:c:p:6-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:29:y:2018:i:pc:p:515-528 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lele, Sharachchandra & Srinivasan, Veena, 2013. "Disaggregated economic impact analysis incorporating ecological and social trade-offs and techno-institutional context: A case from the Western Ghats of India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 98-112.
- Andrew Balmford & Brendan Fisher & Rhys Green & Robin Naidoo & Bernardo Strassburg & R. Kerry Turner & Ana Rodrigues, 2011. "Bringing Ecosystem Services into the Real World: An Operational Framework for Assessing the Economic Consequences of Losing Wild Nature," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 161-175, February.
- Kovacs, Kent F. & Polasky, Stephen & Keeler, Bonnie & Pennington, Derric & Nelson, Erik & Plantinga, Andrew J. & Taff, Steven J., 2012. "Evaluating the Return in Ecosystem Services from Investment in Public Land Acquisitions," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124660, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:26:y:2017:i:pa:p:170-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jlands:v:6:y:2017:i:2:p:33-:d:98137 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:26:y:2017:i:pa:p:45-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:4:y:2013:i:c:p:73-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tardieu, LÃ©a & Roussel, SÃ©bastien & Salles, Jean-Michel, 2013.
"Assessing and mapping global climate regulation service loss induced by Terrestrial Transport Infrastructure construction,"
Elsevier, vol. 4(C), pages 73-81.
- Lea Tardieu & Sébastien Roussel & Jean-Michel Salles, 2013. "Assessing and mapping global climate regulation service loss induced by Terrestrial Transport Infrastructure construction," Post-Print hal-01133631, HAL.
- Boyd, James & Epanchin-Niell, Rebecca & Siikamaki, Juha, 2012. "Conservation Return on Investment Analysis: A Review of Results, Methods, and New Directions," Discussion Papers dp-12-01, Resources For the Future.
- Brendan Fisher & Stephen Polasky & Thomas Sterner, 2011. "Conservation and Human Welfare: Economic Analysis of Ecosystem Services," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 151-159, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEcosystem services; Biodiversity; Land use; Private returns to landowners; Net social benefits; Tradeoffs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:48:y:2011:i:2:p:219-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.