Environmental Taxation and Strategic Commitment in Duopoly Models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnett, A H, 1980. "The Pigouvian Tax Rule under Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1037-1041, December.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Damania, D., 1996. "Pollution Taxes and Pollution Abatement in an Oligopoly Supergame," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 323-336, May.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-177, March.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 1995.
" Environmental Policy under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 411-420, September.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 1994. "Environmental Policy Under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure," CEPR Discussion Papers 955, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vives, Xavier, 1989. "Technological competition, uncertainty, and oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 386-415, August.
- Simpson, R. David & Bradford, Robert III, 1996. "Taxing Variable Cost: Environmental Regulation as Industrial Policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 282-300, May.
- Spencer, Barbara J. & Brander, James A., 1992. "Pre-commitment and flexibility : Applications to oligopoly theory," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1601-1626, December.
- R. Simpson, 1995. "Optimal pollution taxation in a Cournot duopoly," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(4), pages 359-369, December.
- Carraro, Carlo & Soubeyran, Antoine, 1995. "Environmental Feedbacks and Optimal Taxation in Oligopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 1156, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alistair fnUlph, 1996. "Environmental policy instruments and imperfectly competitive international trade," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(4), pages 333-355, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erin T. Mansur, 2007. "Prices vs. Quantities: Environmental Regulation and Imperfect Competition," NBER Working Papers 13510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manel Antelo, 2005. "Double informational asymmetry, signaling, and environmental taxes," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/25, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Carlsson, Fredrik, 2002. "Airport Marginal Cost Pricing: Discussion and an Application to Swedish Airports," Working Papers in Economics 85, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & María Garzón, 2014. "Multiproduct Firms and Environmental Policy Coordination," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 59(3), pages 407-431, November.
- Moner-Colonques, R. & Rubio, S., 2015. "The timing of environmental policy in a duopolistic market," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1).
- Rupayan Pal, 2012.
"Delegation And Emission Tax In A Differentiated Oligopoly,"
University of Manchester, vol. 80(6), pages 650-670, December.
- Rupayan Pal, 2009. "Delegation and Emission Tax in a Differentiated Oligopoly," Governance Working Papers 22935, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rupayan Pal, 2009. "Delegation and emission tax in a differentiated oligopoly," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2009-007, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Ralf Löschel, "undated". "Optimal Allocation of EU Emission Allowances under Imperfect Competition," Energy and Environmental Modeling 2007 24000033, EcoMod.
- Bárcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Campo, María Luz, 2012.
"Partial cross-ownership and strategic environmental policy,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 198-210.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Campo Corredera, María Luz, 2011. "Partial cross-ownership and strategic environmental policy," IKERLANAK 2011-47, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Fikru, Mahelet G. & Gautier, Luis, 2016. "Mergers in Cournot markets with environmental externality and product differentiation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 65-79.
- Leonard F.S. Wang & Ya-Chin Wang & Lihong Zhao, 2012. "The incidence of environmental regulation in a developing economy with sector-specific unemployment: a note," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2011.
"Market power and output-based refunding of environmental policy revenues,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 212-230, January.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2003. "Market Power and Output-Based Refunding of Environmental Policy Revenues," Discussion Papers dp-03-27, Resources For the Future.
- Carlsson , Fredrik, 2000. "Environmental Taxation in Airline Markets," Working Papers in Economics 24, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Orlov, Anton & Grethe, Harald, 2012. "Carbon taxation and market structure: A CGE analysis for Russia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 696-707.
- Paolo GARELLA & Maria Teresa TRENTINAGLIA DE DAVERIO, 2015. "Carbon Tax, Emission Permits, and Carbon Leak under Price Competition," Departmental Working Papers 2015-06, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Requate, Till, 2004.
"Vertical structure and strategic environmental trade policy,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 260-269, March.
- Stephan F. Hamilton & Till Requate, 2001. "Vertical Structure and Strategic Environmental Trade Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 594, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vetter Henrik, 2005. "Pollution Taxes for Monopolistically Competitive Firms," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-25, May.
- Requate, Till, 2005. "Environmental Policy under Imperfect Competition: A Survey," Economics Working Papers 2005-12, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Carlsson, F., 1999. "Incentive-based environmental regulation of domestic civil aviation in Sweden," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 75-82, April.
- Jihad C. Elnaboulsi, 2015.
"Environmental Regulation and Policy Design: The Impact of the Regulator?s Ecological Conscience on the Tax Setting Process,"
- Jihad Elnaboulsi, 2015. "Environmental Regulation and Policy Design: The Impact of the Regulators Ecological Conscience on the Tax Setting Process," Working Papers hal-01377913, HAL.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:122:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0541-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:122:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0531-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Antelo, Manel & Loureiro, Maria L., 2009. "Asymmetric information, signaling and environmental taxes in oligopoly," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1430-1440, March.
- Rupayan Pal, 2009. "Delegation and Emission Tax in a Differentiated Oligopoly," Working Papers id:2263, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
Keywordsenvironmental taxation; oligopoly; optimal taxation; strategic commitment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:15:y:2000:i:3:p:243-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.