Weitzman revisited: Emission standards vs. taxes with uncertain control costs and market power of polluting firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Clemens Heuson, 2008. "Weitzman revisited: Emission standards vs. taxes with uncertain control costs and market power of polluting firms," Discussion Paper Series 299, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1974. "Prices vs. Quantities," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 477-491.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-177, March.
- Barnett, A H, 1980. "The Pigouvian Tax Rule under Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1037-1041, December.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, October.
- James M. Malcomson, 1978. "Prices vs. Quantities: A Critical Note on the Use of Approximations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 203-207.
- Helfand, Gloria E, 1991. "Standards versus Standards: The Effects of Different Pollution Restrictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 622-634, June.
- Adar, Zvi & Griffin, James M., 1976. "Uncertainty and the choice of pollution control instruments," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 178-188, October.
- Till Requate, 1993. "Pollution control in a Cournot duopoly via taxes or permits," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 255-291, October.
- Peter Tisato, 1994. "Pollution standards vs charges under uncertainty," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(3), pages 295-304, June.
- R. Simpson, 1995. "Optimal pollution taxation in a Cournot duopoly," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(4), pages 359-369, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clemens Heuson, 2008.
"Emission standards vs. taxes: The case of asymmetric Cournot duopoly and uncertain control costs,"
045, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Clemens Heuson, 2008. "Emission standards vs. taxes: The case of asymmetric Cournot duopoly and uncertain control costs," Discussion Paper Series 300, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Fabio Antoniou & Nikos Tsakiris, 2016. "On the Informational Superiority of Quantities Over Prices in the Presence of an Externality," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(1), pages 227-250, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCournot oligopoly; external diseconomies of pollution; cost uncertainty; emission standard; emission tax;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D89 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Other
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bav:wpaper:044_heuson. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominique Lemmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vierlde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.