Pollution control in a Cournot duopoly via taxes or permits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnett, A H, 1980. "The Pigouvian Tax Rule under Monopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1037-1041, December.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, Fall.
- Malueg, David A., 1990. "Welfare consequences of emission credit trading programs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 66-77, January.
- Levin, Dan, 1985. "Taxation within Cournot oligopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 281-290, August.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Spulber, Daniel F., 1985. "Effluent regulation and long-run optimality," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 103-116, June.
- Robert W. Hahn, 1984. "Market Power and Transferable Property Rights," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 753-765.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ujhelyi, Gergely, 1999.
"Szennyezéscsökkentő innováció elterjedésének jóléti hatásai
[The welfare effects of the spread of pollution-reducing innovation]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1059-1075.
- Gersbach, Hans & Requate, Till, 2004. "Emission taxes and optimal refunding schemes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 713-725, March.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Yamagishi, Atsushi, 2017.
"Long-run welfare effect of energy conservation regulation,"
Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 64-68.
- Matsumura, Toshihiro & Yamagishi, Atsushi, 2016. "Long-Run Welfare Effect of Energy Conservation Regulation," MPRA Paper 75626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Traber, Thure & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011.
"Refunding ETS proceeds to spur the diffusion of renewable energies: An analysis based on the dynamic oligopolistic electricity market model EMELIE,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 33-41, January.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Refunding ETS-Proceeds to Spur the Diffusion of Renewable Energies: An Analysis Based on the Dynamic Oligopolistic Electricity Market Model EMELIE," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 951, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tsuyoshi Toshimitsu, 2010. "On A Consumer-Based Emission Tax Policy," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(6), pages 626-646, December.
- Ouchida, Yasunori & Goto, Daisaku, 2014. "Do emission subsidies reduce emission? In the context of environmental R&D organization," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 511-516.
- Dorothée Brécard, 2011. "Environmental Tax in a Green Market," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(3), pages 387-403, July.
- Dagmar Nelissen & Till Requate, 2007.
"Pollution-reducing and resource-saving technological progress,"
International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 5-44.
- Nelissen, Dagmar & Requate, Till, 2004. "Pollution-Reducing and Resource-Saving Technological Progress," Economics Working Papers 2004-07, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Clemens Heuson, 2008.
"Emission standards vs. taxes: The case of asymmetric Cournot duopoly and uncertain control costs,"
Discussion Paper Series
300, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Clemens Heuson, 2008. "Emission standards vs. taxes: The case of asymmetric Cournot duopoly and uncertain control costs," Working Papers 045, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Stagnaro, Carlo, 2008. "Europe 2020: an Alternative Proposal," MPRA Paper 48743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Requate, Till, 1998.
"Incentives to innovate under emission taxes and tradeable permits,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 139-165, February.
- Requate, Till, 2017. "Incentives to innovate under emission taxes and tradeable permits," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 222, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- James Kroes & Ravi Subramanian & Ramanath Subramanyam, 2012. "Operational Compliance Levers, Environmental Performance, and Firm Performance Under Cap and Trade Regulation," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 186-201, April.
- Garcia, Arturo & Leal, Mariel & Lee, Sang-Ho, 2018. "Time-inconsistent environmental policies with a consumer-friendly firm: tradable permits versus emission tax," MPRA Paper 86407, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MAHENC Philippe, 2008. "Persuasive Subsidies in a Clean Environment," LERNA Working Papers 08.02.246, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2011.
"Market power and output-based refunding of environmental policy revenues,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 212-230, January.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2003. "Market Power and Output-Based Refunding of Environmental Policy Revenues," Discussion Papers dp-03-27, Resources For the Future.
- Requate, Till, 2005. "Environmental Policy under Imperfect Competition: A Survey," Economics Working Papers 2005-12, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Kazuhiko Kato, 2011. "Emission quota versus emission tax in a mixed duopoly," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 13(1), pages 43-63, January.
- Clemens Heuson, 2008.
"Weitzman revisited: Emission standards vs. taxes with uncertain control costs and market power of polluting firms,"
044, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Clemens Heuson, 2008. "Weitzman revisited: Emission standards vs. taxes with uncertain control costs and market power of polluting firms," Discussion Paper Series 299, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2003. "Output-Based Allocation of Environmental Policy Revenues and Imperfect Competition," Discussion Papers dp-02-60, Resources For the Future.
- Martina Stimming, 1999. "Capital-accumulation games under environmental regulation and duopolistic competition," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 267-287, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:58:y:1993:i:3:p:255-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.