The Evolution of a Fiscal Constitution When Individuals are Theoretically Uncertain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schnellenbach, Jan, 2002. "Tax Morale, Leviathan and the Political Process: A Theoretical Approach," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 163, Royal Economic Society.
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard & Pommerehne, Werner W, 1993. "Low-Cost Decisions as a Challenge to Public Choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 107-115, September.
- Brennan,Geoffrey & Buchanan,James M., 2006. "The Power to Tax," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521027922, December.
- O'Sullivan,Arthur & Sexton,Terri A. & Sheffrin,Steven M., 2007. "Property Taxes and Tax Revolts," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521035996, December.
- Buchanan, James M, 1987. "The Constitution of Economic Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 243-250, June.
- Voigt, Stefan, 2009. "Explaining constitutional garrulity," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 290-303, December.
- Viktor Vanberg & James M. Buchanan, 1989. "Interests and Theories in Constitutional Choice," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 1(1), pages 49-62, January.
- Thomas Brenner, 1999. "Modelling Learning in Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1815.
- Michael Wohlgemuth, 2002. "Democracy and Opinion Falsification: Towards a New Austrian Political Economy," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 223-246, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schmidt, André, 2006. "Wie ökonomisch ist der "more economic approach"? Einige kritische Anmerkungen aus ordnungsökonomischer Sicht," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 06/10, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Lars P. Feld & Horst Zimmermann & Thomas Döring, 2003. "Föderalismus, Dezentralität und Wirtschaftswachstum," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(3), pages 361-377.
- Jan Schnellenbach, 2015.
"Does classical liberalism imply an evolutionary approach to policy-making?,"
Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 53-70, April.
- Schnellenbach, Jan, 2014. "Does classical liberalism imply an evolutionary approach to policy-making?," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/07, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Wohlgemuth, Michael, 2006. "Demokratie und Marktwirtschaft als Bedingungen für sozialen Fortschritt," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 06/1, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Lars P. Feld & Jan Schnellenbach, 2014. "Fiscal Federalism, Decentralization and Economic Growth: Survey and Meta-Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4985, CESifo.
- Kyriazis, Nicholas K. & Karayiannis, Anastassios D., 2011. "Democracy, Institutional Changes and Economic Development: The Case of Ancient Athens," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 61-91.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Heine Klaus & Mause Karsten, 2003. "Politikberatung als informationsökonomisches Problem," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 223(4), pages 479-490, August.
- Andreas Kyriacou, 2009. "Decision rules, membership and political centralization in the European Union," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 143-158, April.
- Roger Congleton & Andreas Kyriacou & Jordi Bacaria, 2003. "A Theory of Menu Federalism: Decentralization by Political Agreement," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 167-190, September.
- Stefan Voigt, 2011.
"Positive constitutional economics II—a survey of recent developments,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 205-256, January.
- Stefan Voigt, 2009. "Positive Constitutional Economics II—A Survey of Recent Developments," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200936, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Mause, Karsten, 2019.
"Governing Public-Private Partnerships: The Problem of Low-Cost Decisions,"
209582, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Mause, Karsten, 2019. "Governing Public-Private Partnerships: The Problem of Low-Cost Decisions," MPRA Paper 97686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernd Hansjürgens, 2000. "The Influence of Knut Wicksell on Richard Musgrave and James Buchanan," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 95-116, April.
- Michael Wohlgemuth, 2011. "Is there a Paradox of a Hayekian Paternalist?," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2011-22, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Berggren, Niclas & Karlson, Nils, 2003.
"Constitutionalism, Division of Power and Transaction Costs,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 117(1-2), pages 99-124, October.
- Berggren, Niclas & Karlson, Nils, 2002. "Constitutionalism, Division of Power and Transaction Costs," Ratio Working Papers 3, The Ratio Institute.
- Daniele Bertolini, 2019. "Constitutionalizing Leviathan: A Critique of Buchanan’s Conception of Lawmaking," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 41-69, October.
- Roger Congleton, 2001. "On the Durability of King and Council: The Continuum Between Dictatorship and Democracy," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 193-215, September.
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004.
"Sustainable Fiscal Policy in a Federal System: Switzerland as an Example,"
Marburg Working Papers on Economics
200424, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Lars P. Feld & Gebhard Kirchgassner, 2004. "Sustainable Fiscal Policy in a Federal System: Switzerland as an Example," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Prof. Dr. Lars P. Feld & Prof. Dr. Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004. "Sustainable Fiscal Policy in a Federal System Switzerland as an Example," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004 2004-09, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2001. "The Effects of Fiscal Institutions on Public Finance: A Survey of the Empirical Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 617, CESifo.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2013. "James M. Buchanan and the European Public Choice Movement: What Did We Learn from Him?," Economics working papers 2013-24, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Eckardt, Martina, 2004. "Evolutionary approaches to legal change," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 47, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Douglas C. Bice & William H. Hoyt, 1997. "The Impact of Mandates and Tax Limits on Voluntary Contributions to Local Public Services: An Application to Fire Protection Services," Public Economics 9704002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jin, Jing & Zou, Heng-fu, 2002.
"How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 270-293, September.
- Jing Jin & Heng-fu Zou, 2000. "How does fiscal decentralization affect aggregate, national, and subnational government size?," CEMA Working Papers 72, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Thieme, Lutz & Winkelhake, Olaf & Hartmann, Ulrich, 2014. "Fairness als universelle Norm? Empirische Evidenz ohne Manna [Fairness as a universal norm? Empiric evidence without manna]," Working Papers of the European Institute for Socioeconomics 12, European Institute for Socioeconomics (EIS), Saarbrücken.
- Schnellenbach, Jan & Schubert, Christian, 2015. "Behavioral political economy: A survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 395-417.
- Robert P. Inman, 2008. "Federalism's Values and the Value of Federalism," NBER Working Papers 13735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald Findlay & Stanislaw Wellisz, 1986. "Tariffs, quotas and domestic-content protection: some political economy considerations," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 221-242, January.
More about this item
Keywordspositive constitutional economics; collective learning; path-dependent rule-evolution;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:17:y:2004:i:1:p:97-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.