Impact of Currency Boards on Fiscal Policy in Central and Eastern European Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- By A. Javier Hamann, 2001.
"Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilization: A Critical Look at the Stylized Facts,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(1), pages 1-4.
- A. Javier Hamann, 1999. "Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilization; A Critical Look at the Stylized Facts," IMF Working Papers 99/132, International Monetary Fund.
- Anne Marie Gulde & Juha Kähkönen & Peter M Keller, 2000. "Pros and Cons of Currency Board Arrangements in the Lead-Up to EU Accession and Participation in the Euro Zone," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 00/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghate, Chetan & Zak, Paul J., 2002.
"Growth of government and the politics of fiscal policy,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 435-455, December.
- Chetan Ghate & Paul J. Zak, "undated". "Growth of Government And The Politics of Fiscal Policy," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-19, Claremont Colleges.
- Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 2000.
"Fixed versus flexible exchange rates: Which provides more fiscal discipline?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 399-436, April.
- Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 1995. "Fixed Versus Flexible Exchange Rates: Which Provides More Fiscal Discipline," Working Papers 95-06, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aaron Tornell & Andres Velasco, 1995. "Fixed versus Flexible Exchange Rates: Which Provides More Fiscal Discipline?," NBER Working Papers 5108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fatás, Antonio & Rose, Andrew K, 2001. "Do Monetary Handcuffs Restrain Leviathan? Fiscal Policy in Extreme Exchange Rate Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 2692, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1991.
"The Advantage of Tying One's Hands: EMS Discipline and Central Bank Credibility,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 303-330
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1988. "The advantage of tying one's hands : EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1055-1075, June.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1986. "The Advantages of Tying One's Hands: EMS Discipline and Central Bank Credibility," CEPR Discussion Papers 135, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul R Masson & Morris Goldstein & Jacob A. Frenkel, 1991. "Characteristics of a Successful Exchange Rate System," IMF Occasional Papers 82, International Monetary Fund.
- Orlowski, Lucjan T., 2000.
"A dynamic approach to inflation targeting in transition economies,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 11-2000, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Lucjan T Orlowski, 2005. "A Dynamic Approach to Inflation Targeting in Transition Economies," Macroeconomics 0501038, EconWPA.
- Nenovsky Nikolay & Hristov Kalin & Mihaylov Mihail, 2001.
"Comparing Currency Board Automatic Mechanism in Bulgaria, Estonia and Lithuania,"
Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(4), pages 1-44, December.
- K. Hristov & M. Mihaylov & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2001. "Comparing Currency Board Automatic Mechanism in Bulgaria, Estonia and Lithuania," Post-Print halshs-00259886, HAL.
- K. Hristov & M. Mihaylov & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2001. "Comparing Currency Board Automatic Mechanism in Bulgaria, Estonia and Lithuania," Post-Print halshs-00259892, HAL.
- Nikolay Nenovsky, 2001. "Comparing Currency Board Automatic Mechanism in Bulgaria, Estonia and Lithuania," Post-Print halshs-00260066, HAL.
- Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 1995.
"Money-Based Versus Exchange Rate-Based Stabilization with Endogenous Fiscal Policy,"
95-21, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Aaron Tornell & Andres Velasco, 1995. "Money-Based versus Exchange Rate-Based Stabilization with Endogenous Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 5300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie-Thérèse Camilleri Gilson, 2002. "Policy Pre-Commitment and Institutional Design: A Synthetic Indicator Applied to Currency Boards," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 330, OECD Publishing.
- Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 1998. "Fiscal discipline and the choice of a nominal anchor in stabilization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-30.
- Halpern, László & Neményi, Judit, 2002. "Fiscal Foundation of Convergence to European Union in Pre-Accession Transition Countries," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,03, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Tavlas, George S, 2000. "On the Exchange Rate as a Nominal Anchor: The Rise and Fall of the Credibility Hypothesis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 76(233), pages 183-201, June.
- Anne Marie Gulde, 1999. "The Role of the Currency Board in Bulgaria's Stabilization," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 99/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2000. "Fiscal Discipline and Exchange Rate Regimes: a Case for Currency Boards?," Working Papers 0006, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Andres Sutt & Basil B. Zavoiceo & Adalbert Knöbl, 2002. "The Estonian Currency Board; Its Introduction and Role in the Early Success of Estonia's Transition to a Market Economy," IMF Working Papers 02/96, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Staehr, Karsten, 2008.
"Fiscal policies and business cycles in an enlarged euro area,"
Elsevier, pages 46-69.
- Karsten Staehr, 2007. "Fiscal Policies and Business Cycles in an Enlarged Euro Area," CESifo Working Paper Series 1933, CESifo Group Munich.
- Karsten Staehr, 2007. "Fiscal policies and business cycles in an enlarged euro area," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2007-03, Bank of Estonia, revised 08 Mar 2007.
- Philipp Paulus, 2006. "The final blow to the Stability Pact? EMU enlargement and government debt," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 03/2006, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Maria Neycheva, 2005. "The Impact of the Fisc on Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Bulgarian Economy," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 42-59.
- Oliver Grimm, 2007. "Fiscal Discipline and Stability under Currency Board Systems," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/66, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
More about this item
Keywordscurrency board; exchange rate regimes; fiscal discipline;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:36:y:2003:i:2:p:111-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.