Buchanan’s constitutional political economy: exchange vs. choice in economics and in politics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robbins, Lionel [Lord], 1981. "Economics and Political Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 1-10, May.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Buchanan, James M, 1987. "The Constitution of Economic Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 243-250, June.
- James M. Buchanan, 1949. "The Pure Theory of Government Finance: A Suggested Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57, pages 496-496.
- Gordon, Scott, 1976. "The New Contractarians," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(3), pages 573-590, June.
- Steven G. Medema, 2000. "“Related Disciplines”: The Professionalization of Public Choice Analysis," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 289-324, Supplemen.
- Buchanan, James M, 1975. "A Contractarian Paradigm for Applying Economic Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 225-230, May.
- Buchanan, James M, 1988. "Contractarian Political Economy and Constitutional Interpretation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 135-139, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sigmund Wagner-Tsukamoto, 2010. "Out of a slave contract: the analysis of pre-Hobbesian anarchists in the Old Testament," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 288-307, September.
- Maxime Desmarais-Tremblay, 2014.
"On the Definition of Public Goods. Assessing Richard A. Musgrave's contribution,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
14004, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Maxime Desmarais-Tremblay, 2014. "On the Definition of Public Goods. Assessing Richard A. Musgrave's contribution," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00951577, HAL.
- Zhihong Mo, 2012. "Toward an integrated theory of human cooperation: an ongoing research agenda," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 152(3), pages 359-363, September.
- Régis Servant, 2010. "La recherche de bonnes règles sociales: objet de science et de choix démocratique ? Le cas de Friedrich Hayek," Post-Print hal-00641440, HAL.
- Libman, A., 2013. "Between New Political Economy and Political Science: Convergence and Divergence of Disciplines," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 166-169.
More about this item
KeywordsBuchanan; Robbins; Constitutional political economy; Public choice; Choice; Exchange; B29; B31; B41;
- B29 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Other
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:copoec:v:20:y:2009:i:1:p:42-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .