DSGE Model Estimation on the Basis of Second-Order Approximation
This article compares the properties of different non-linear Kalman filters: the well-known Unscented Kalman filter (UKF), the central difference Kalman filter (CDKF) and the new Quadratic Kalman filter (QKF). A small financial DSGE model is repeatedly estimated by several quasi-likelihood methods with different filters for data generated by the model. Errors in parameters estimation are a measure of the filters’ quality. The result shows that the QKF has a reasonable advantage in terms of quality over the CDKF and the UKF, albeit with some loss in speed. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 43 (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/10614/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tovar, Camilo Ernesto, 2009.
"DSGE Models and Central Banks,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-31.
- Camilo E Tovar, 2008. "DSGE models and central banks," BIS Working Papers 258, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tovar, Camilo Ernesto, 2008. "DSGE Models and Central Banks," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-30, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Collard, Fabrice & Juillard, Michel, 2001. "Accuracy of stochastic perturbation methods: The case of asset pricing models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 979-999, June.
- Collard, Fabrice & Juillard, Michel, 1999. "Accuracy of stochastic perturbuation methods: the case of asset pricing models," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9922, CEPREMAP.
- Martin Møller Andreasen, 2008. "Non-linear DSGE Models, The Central Difference Kalman Filter, and The Mean Shifted Particle Filter," CREATES Research Papers 2008-33, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)