How Financial Oversight Failed & What it May Portend for the Future of Regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kane, Edward J., 2011. "Unmet Duties in Managing Financial Safety Nets," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 1-22, January.
- Jose A. Lopez, 1999. "Using CAMELS ratings to monitor bank conditions," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jun.
- Kane, Edward J, 1977. "Good Intentions and Unintended Evil: The Case against Selective Credit Allocation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 55-69, February.
- Edward Kane, 2010.
"The Importance of Monitoring and Mitigating the Safety-Net Consequences of Regulation-Induced Innovation,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(2), pages 145-161.
- Edward J. Kane, 2009. "The Importance of Monitoring and Mitigating the Safety-Net Consequences of Regulation-Induced Innovation," NFI Policy Briefs 2009-PB-08C, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute, revised Aug 2010.
- Kane, Edward J, 1981.
"Accelerating Inflation, Technological Innovation, and the Decreasing Effectiveness of Banking Regulation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 355-367, May.
- Edward J. Kane, 1981. "Accelerating Inflation, Technological Innovation, and the Decreasing Effectiveness of Banking Regulation," NBER Working Papers 0638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard J. Herring & Edward J. Kane, 2009. "Financial Economists Roundtable Statement on Reforming the Role of the Rating "Agencies" in the Securitization Process," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 21(1), pages 28-33.
- Kane, Edward J., 1980. "Politics and Fed policymaking : The more things change the more they remain the same," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 199-211, April.
- Gary Gorton, 2009. "The Subprime Panic," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 10-46.
- Herring, Richard J., 2010. "Wind-Down Plans As an Alternative to Bailouts: The Cross-Border Challenges," Working Papers 10-08, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Kane, Edward J, 1984.
" Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 759-772, July.
- Edward J. Kane, 1984. "Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition," NBER Working Papers 1320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard Herring & Edward J. Kane, 2010. "Rating "Agencies": How Regulation Might Help," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(1), pages 14-23, 04.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2013.
"Banking crises: An equal opportunity menace,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4557-4573.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace," NBER Working Papers 14587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace," CEPR Discussion Papers 7131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance,
now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Giacomini, Emanuela, 2015. "Maintaining adequate bank capital: An empirical analysis of the supervision of European banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 236-249.
More about this item
KeywordsRegulation; Bail-outs; Regulation and principal/agent-problems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:38:y:2010:i:3:p:265-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .