Some Further Evidence on the Price of Mortgage Contingency Clauses
A sample of row houses is used to investigate the price effects of mortgage contingency clauses in sales contracts. The results indicate a substantial price premium is associated with such contingencies, with the size of the premium indifferent to other transaction-specific variables.
Volume (Year): 9 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Haurin, 1988. "The Duration of Marketing Time of Residential Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 396-410.
- Jacob Belkin & Donald J. Hempel & Dennis W. McLeavey, 1976. "An Empirical Study of Time on Market Using Multidimensional Segmentation of Housing Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 57-75.
- Asabere, Paul K & Huffman, Forrest E, 1993. "The Impact of Settlement Period on Sales Price," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 213-19, November.
- John M. Clapp & Carmelo Giaccotto & Dogan Tirtiroglu, 1991. "Housing Price Indices Based on All Transactions Compared to Repeat Subsamples," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 270-285.
- Paul K. Asabere & Forrest E. Huffman & Seyed Mehdiany, 1992. "The Price Effects of Cash versus Mortgage Transactions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 141-154.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:9:n:2:1994:p:213-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.