Housing Price Gradients in a Region with One Dominating Center
This paper primarily focuses on predicting housing price gradients in a Norwegian region with one dominating center. Spatial separation is represented by a function of the traveling distance from the city center in a traditional hedonic regression equation. Several functions are tested, and some alternatives provide a satisfying goodness-of-fit, consistent coefficient estimates, and intuitively reasonable predictions of housing price gradients. Still, not all commonly used functions are recommended. The findings also indicate that the strength of spatial autocorrelation is reduced when the hedonic function is properly specified.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bartik, Timothy J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 1987.
"Urban amenities and public policy,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,
in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1207-1254
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996. "Urban Amenities and Public Policy," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.), Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997.
"Urban Spatial Structure,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- E Heikkila & P Gordon & J I Kim & R B Peiser & H W Richardson & D Dale-Johnson, 1989. "What happened to the CBD-distance gradient?: land values in a policentric city," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(2), pages 221-232, February.
- Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Voortman, Roelf L. & Brouwer, Joost, 2002.
"Spatial dimensions of precision agriculture: a spatial econometric analysis of millet yield on Sahelian coversands,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & Voortman, Roelf L. & Brouwer, Joost, 2002. "Spatial dimensions of precision agriculture: a spatial econometric analysis of millet yield on Sahelian coversands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 425-443, November.
- T J Fik & G F Mulligan, 1998. "Functional form and spatial interaction models," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(8), pages 1497-1507, August.
- Coulson, E., 1990.
"Really Useful Tests Of The Monocentric Model,"
1-90-5, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Clapp, John M, 2003. "A Semiparametric Method for Valuing Residential Locations: Application to Automated Valuation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 303-20, November.
- Waddell, Paul & Berry, Brian J L & Hoch, Irving, 1993. "Residential Property Values in a Multinodal Urban Area: New Evidence on the Implicit Price of Location," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 117-41, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:29:n:3:2007:p:321-346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.