Health and the Decision to Invest in Education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Panel data methods and applications to health economics," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Don Webber, 2002. "Policies to stimulate growth: should we invest in health or education?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(13), pages 1633-1643.
- Cristina Hernandez-Quevedo & Andrew M Jones & Nigel Rice, "undated".
"Reporting Bias and Heterogeneity in Self-Assessed Health. Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey,"
04/18, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Cristina Hernández-Quevedo & Andrew M Jones & Nigel Rice, 2005. "Reporting bias and heterogeneity in selfassessed health. Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 05/04, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Rosemary Hyson & Janet Currie, 1999.
"Is the Impact of Health Shocks Cushioned by Socioeconomic Status? The Case of Low Birthweight,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 245-250, May.
- Janet Currie & Rosemary Hyson, 1999. "Is the Impact of Health Shocks Cushioned by Socioeconomic Status? The Case of Low Birthweight," NBER Working Papers 6999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown, Eleanor & Kaufold, Howard, 1988. "Human Capital Accumulation and the Optimal Level of Unemployment Insurance Provision," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(4), pages 493-514, October.
- Levhari, David & Weiss, Yoram, 1974. "The Effect of Risk on the Investment in Human Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 950-963, December.
- Case, Anne & Fertig, Angela & Paxson, Christina, 2005.
"The lasting impact of childhood health and circumstance,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 365-389, March.
- Anne Case & Angela Fertig & Christina Paxson, 2004. "The Lasting Impact of Childhood Health and Circumstance," Working Papers 246, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Anderberg, Dan & Andersson, Fredrik, 2000. "Social Insurance with Risk-Reducing Investments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 37-56, February.
- Brunello, Giorgio, 2002.
"Absolute risk aversion and the returns to education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 635-640, December.
- Brunello, Giorgio, 2000. "Absolute Risk Aversion and the Returns to Education," IZA Discussion Papers 192, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthias Nübling & Hanfried H. Andersen & Axel Mühlbacher & Jürgen Schupp & Gert G. Wagner, 2007. "Computation of Standard Values for Physical and Mental Health Scale Scores Using the SOEP Version of SF12v2," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 171-182.
- Disney, Richard & Emmerson, Carl & Wakefield, Matthew, 2006.
"Ill health and retirement in Britain: A panel data-based analysis,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 621-649, July.
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson & Matthew Wakefield, 2003. "Ill health and retirement in Britain: a panel data based analysis," IFS Working Papers W03/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Yoram Ben-Porath, 1967. "The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 352-352.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1979. "Uncertainty and the Accumulation of Human Capital over the Life Cycle," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 521-548, October.
- Paul Glewwe, 2002. "Schools and Skills in Developing Countries: Education Policies and Socioeconomic Outcomes," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 436-482, June.
- Ronald Hagan & Andrew M. Jones & Nigel Rice, 2006. "Health and retirement in Europe," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/10, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Snow, Arthur & Warren, Ronald S, Jr, 1990. "Human Capital Investment and Labor Supply under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 195-206, February.
- Selma J. Mushkin, 1962. "Health as an Investment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 129-129.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brit S. Schneider & Udo Schneider, 2009. "Determinants and Consequences of Health Behaviour: New Evidence from German Micro Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 253, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
More about this item
KeywordsInvestments in education; health capital stock; panel data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:227:y:2007:i:5-6:p:725-745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .