Statistische Adäquation bei Fortentwicklung der makrökonomischen Wirtschaftstheorie / Statistical Adequacy and the Evolution of Macroeconomic Theory
Adequacy (formerly: correspondence) generally concerns the correspondence of statement and facts. In economics we specially look for the statistical adequacy of variables and data (by means of a minimization of the so-called adequation discrepancy). Hereby we aim at empirical validity of hypotheses. This is extremely difficult in the case of a stationary statistical system on the one hand (see the System of National Accounts) and an evolving system of macroeconomic definitions on the other hand. The definitions of macro-economic variables with some importance within the growth and business cycle models are sometimes contradictory and insofar without any value for orientation.
Volume (Year): 224 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deane,Phyllis, 1978. "The Evolution of Economic Ideas," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293150.
- Ekkehart Schlicht, 1990.
"Local aggregation in a dynamic setting,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 287-305, October.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1990. "Local Aggregation in a Dynamic Setting," Munich Reprints in Economics 3327, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1990. "Local Aggregation in a Dynamic Setting," Munich Reprints in Economics 2118, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2001. "The Methodology of Empirical Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521802727, February.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2001. "The Methodology of Empirical Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521003216.
- Bernhard Herz & Werner Roger, 1995. "Economic growth and convergence in Germany," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 131(1), pages 132-143, March.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 2003. "Macroeconomic Priorities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 1-14, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:224:y:2004:i:5:p:612-625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.