Stock Market and Economic Growth in Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross, 2004. "Stock markets, banks, and growth: Panel evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 423-442, March.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Long-Run Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 323-339, May.
- Charles Komla Adjasi & Charles Amo Yartey, 2007. "Stock Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa; Critical Issues and Challenges," IMF Working Papers 07/209, International Monetary Fund.
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2008. "Financial depth, savings and economic growth in Kenya: A dynamic causal linkage," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 704-713, July.
- Capasso, Salvatore, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth," WIDER Working Paper Series 102, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2009. "Energy consumption and economic growth nexus in Tanzania: An ARDL bounds testing approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 617-622, February.
- Olatundun Adelegan, 2003. "Capital Market Efficiency and the Effects of Dividend Announcements on Share Prices in Nigeria," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 15(2‐3), pages 218-236.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 1998. "Law, Finance, and Firm Growth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2107-2137, December.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Peter G. A Howells & Alaa M. Soliman, 2004. "Stock Market Development And Economic Growth: The Causal Linkage," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 33-50, June.
- Charles Adjasi & Nicholas Biekpe, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth: The Case of Selected African Countries," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 18(1), pages 144-161.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:jfr:ijfr11:v:10:y:2019:i:1:p:23-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mth:ifb888:v:3:y:2016:i:2:p:33-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Agyapong, 2014. "Stock Market Integration in West African Monetary Zone: A Linear and Nonlinear Cointegration Approach," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(5), pages 563-587, May.
- Yilmaz Bayar & Abdulkadir Kaya & Murat Yildirim, 2014. "Effects of Stock Market Development on Economic Growth: Evidence from Turkey," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(1), pages 93-100, January.
- Oseni, Isiaq & Akpa, Emeka & Aberu, Felix, 2018. "Does Stock Market impact on the Growth of Nigerian Economy using 3SLS Analysis?," MPRA Paper 92285, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsstock market; economic growth; granger causality test;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jfr:ijfr11:v:4:y:2013:i:2:p:83-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Perry). General contact details of provider: http://ijfr.sciedupress.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.