Exploring The Formal And Informal Institutions As A Key Tool For Enhancing Economic Resilience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- G�rard Hutter & Christian Kuhlicke, 2013. "Resilience, Talk and Action: Exploring the Meanings of Resilience in the Context of Planning and Institutions," Planning Practice & Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 294-306, June.
- Wesley C. Mitchell, 1914. "Human Behavior and Economics: A Survey of Recent Literature," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-47.
- Casson, Mark C. & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S., 2010. "Formal and Informal Institutions and Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 137-141, February.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2015. "Institutional Voids or Organizational Resilience? Business Groups, Innovation, and Market Development in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 43-58.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fulvio Castellacci & Prince C. Oguguo & Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas, 2022. "Quality of pro-market national institutions and firms’ decision to invest in R&D: evidence from developing and transition economies," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 12(1), pages 35-57, March.
- Chang Pao-Li, 2014. "Complementarity in Institutional Quality in Bilateral FDI Flows," Working Papers 20-2014, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Põllumäe, Priit & Lilleleht, Ando & Korjus, Henn, 2016. "Institutional barriers in forest owners' cooperation: The case of Estonia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 9-16.
- Omar Thiam, 2018. "Le secteur informel en Afrique de l'Ouest : enjeux et perspectives," Post-Print hal-02159695, HAL.
- Hosseini, Hamid, 2003. "The arrival of behavioral economics: from Michigan, or the Carnegie School in the 1950s and the early 1960s?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 391-409, September.
- Min, Yijie & Liao, Yi-Chuan & Chen, Zhijun, 2022. "The side effect of business group membership: How do business group isomorphic pressures affect organizational innovation in affiliated firms?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 380-392.
- Helena Marques, 2017. "Gender, entrepreneurship and development: which policies matter?," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 197-228, January.
- Marina Della Giusta, 2010. "Social Capital and Economic Development," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2010-02, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
- Ketan Reddy & Radeef Chundakkadan & Subash Sasidharan, 2021. "Firm innovation and global value chain participation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(4), pages 1995-2015, December.
- Yi, Fangxin & Deng, Dong & Zhang, Yanjiang, 2020. "Collaboration of top-down and bottom-up approaches in the post-disaster housing reconstruction: Evaluating the cases in Yushu Qinghai-Tibet Plateau of China from resilience perspective," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Houssem Rachdi & Sami Mensi, 2013.
"Does institutions quality matter for financial development and economic growth nexus? Another look at the evidence from MENA countries,"
International Journal of Financial Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15.
- Houssem Rachdi & Sami Mensi, 2012. "Does Institutions Quality Matter for Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus? Another Look at the Evidence from MENA Countries," Working Papers 705, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Ivan S. Adolwa & Stefan Schwarze & Imogen Bellwood-Howard & Nikolaus Schareika & Andreas Buerkert, 2017. "A comparative analysis of agricultural knowledge and innovation systems in Kenya and Ghana: sustainable agricultural intensification in the rural–urban interface," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 34(2), pages 453-472, June.
- Chun Yang & Bart Bossink & Peter Peverelli, 2018. "The Value of Business–Government Ties for Manufacturing Firms’ Product Innovation during Institutional Transition in China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Carney, Michael & Duran, Patricio & van Essen, Marc & Shapiro, Daniel, 2017. "Family firms, internationalization, and national competitiveness: Does family firm prevalence matter?," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 123-136.
- Katarina Marosevic & Ana Udovicic & Ivana Sandrk Nukic, 2014. "Institutions As A Factor Of (Regional) Growth And Development," Economy of eastern Croatia yesterday, today, tommorow, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 3, pages 647-659.
- d'Agostino, Giorgio & Scarlato, Margherita, 2016. "Institutions, Innovation and Economic Growth in European Countries," MPRA Paper 72427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbara Rohregger & Katja Bender & Bethuel Kinuthia & Esther Schüring & Grace Ikua & Nicky Pouw, 2018. "The politics of implementation or why institutional interaction matters: The role of traditional authorities in delivering pro-poor social policies in Kenya," IZNE Working Paper Series 18/2, International Centre for Sustainable Development (IZNE), Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
- Raksha Vasudevan & Bjørn Sletto, 2020. "“They Sold Us Illusions”: Informality, Redevelopment, and the Politics of Limpieza in the Dominican Republic," Urban Planning, Cogitatio Press, vol. 5(3), pages 252-262.
- K.Vela Velupillai, 2014. "One Hundred Years Ago - Economic Theory in 1914," ASSRU Discussion Papers 1408, ASSRU - Algorithmic Social Science Research Unit.
- Abdelkarim Yahyaoui & Majid Ibrahim Al Saggaf, 2019. "Effects of Financial Development and Institutional Quality on the Economic Growth in The Arabian Gulf states: A Panel Cointegration Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(1), pages 203-211.
More about this item
Keywordsresilience; economic resilience; formal and informal institutions;
All these keywords.
- F6 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2015:v:7:i:4:p:891-900. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.