Impacts Of Olympics On Exports And Tourism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004.
"The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 343-354.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup," IASE Conference Papers 0406, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2004. "The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup," Working Papers 0414, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Fourie, Johan & Santana-Gallego, María, 2011.
"The impact of mega-sport events on tourist arrivals,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1364-1370.
- Johan Fourie & María Santana-gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-sport events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 20/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2000. "Bidding for the Olympics: Fools Gold?," IASE Conference Papers 0007, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Hagn, Florian & Maennig, Wolfgang, 2008. "Employment effects of the Football World Cup 1974 in Germany," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 1062-1075, October.
- Johan Fourie & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 171, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iuliana Pop & Adrian Kanovici & Gratiela Ghic & Madalina Andrei, 2016. "The Economic Effects of the Mega Sport Events on Tourism in the BRICS Countries Case," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 18(S10), pages 960-960, November.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Christopher Vierhaus, 2016. "Which countries bid for the Olympic Games? Economic, political, and social factors and chances of winning," Working Papers 055, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Douglas Barrios & Stuart Russell & Matt Andrews, 2016. "Bringing Home the Gold? A Review of the Economic Impact of Hosting Mega-Events," CID Working Papers 320, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.), 2012. "International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14313.
- Christopher Vierhaus, 2019. "The international tourism effect of hosting the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(7), pages 1009-1028, November.
- Roberto Meurer & HoyÃªdo Nunes Lins, 2018. "The effects of the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games on Brazilian international travel receipts," Tourism Economics, , vol. 24(4), pages 486-491, June.
- Dennis Coates, 2012. "Not-So-Mega Events," Chapters, in: Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.),International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 23, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lien, Donald & Lo, Melody, 2017. "Economic impacts of cultural institutes," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 12-21.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist, 2012. "Future Challenges: Maximizing the Benefits and Minimizing the Costs," Chapters, in: Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.),International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 31, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2012. "Mega Events and Sports Institutional Development: The Impact of the World Cup on Football Academies in Africa," Chapters, in: Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.),International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 19, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsMega Events; Olympics; Tourists; Gravity Model;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:93-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.