Impacts Of Olympics On Exports And Tourism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fourie, Johan & Santana-Gallego, María, 2011.
"The impact of mega-sport events on tourist arrivals,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1364-1370.
- Johan Fourie & María Santana-gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-sport events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 20/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Hagn, Florian & Maennig, Wolfgang, 2008. "Employment effects of the Football World Cup 1974 in Germany," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 1062-1075, October.
- Johan Fourie & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 171, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dennis Coates, 2012. "Not-So-Mega Events," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 23 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Christopher Vierhaus, 2016. "Which countries bid for the Olympic Games? Economic, political, and social factors and chances of winning," Working Papers 055, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Douglas Barrios & Stuart Russell & Matt Andrews, 2016. "Bringing Home the Gold? A Review of the Economic Impact of Hosting Mega-Events," CID Working Papers 320, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist (ed.), 2012. "International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14313.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:12-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Maennig & Andrew Zimbalist, 2012. "Future Challenges: Maximizing the Benefits and Minimizing the Costs," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 31 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2012. "Mega Events and Sports Institutional Development: The Impact of the World Cup on Football Academies in Africa," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsMega Events; Olympics; Tourists; Gravity Model;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:93-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.