Which countries bid for the Olympic Games? Economic, political, and social factors and chances of winning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2011.
"The Olympic Effect,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(553), pages 652-677, June.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "The Olympic Effect," NBER Working Papers 14854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "The Olympic effect," Working Paper Series 2009-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Rose, Andrew K & Spiegel, Mark, 2009. "The Olympic Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 7248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fourie, Johan & Santana-Gallego, María, 2011.
"The impact of mega-sport events on tourist arrivals,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1364-1370.
- Johan Fourie & María Santana-gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-sport events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 20/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Wonho Song, 2010. "Impacts Of Olympics On Exports And Tourism," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 93-110, December.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Felix Richter, 2012.
"Exports and Olympic Games,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 13(6), pages 635-641, December.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Felix Richter, 2012. "Exports and Olympic Games: Is there a Signal Effect?," Working Papers 042, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Markus Brückner & Evi Pappa, 2015. "News Shocks in the Data: Olympic Games and Their Macroeconomic Effects," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(7), pages 1339-1367, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franziska K. Kruse & Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "The future development of world records," Working Papers 061, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Franziska K. Kruse & Wolfgang Maennig, 2018. "Suspension by choice – determinants and asymmetries," Working Papers 064, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig & Felix J. Richter, 2017. "Zoning in reunified Berlin," Working Papers 059, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "Public Referenda and Public Opinion on Olympic Games," Working Papers 057, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "Governance in Sports Organizations," Working Papers 060, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "Major Sports Events: Economic Impact," Working Papers 058, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
More about this item
KeywordsOlympic Summer Games; mega events; bidding; host city election; IOC; decision-making;
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z28 - Other Special Topics - - Sports Economics - - - Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-POL-2016-04-30 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2016-04-30 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hce:wpaper:055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wolfgang Maennig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ihhamde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.