Job Performance, Job Satisfaction and Human Capital in the Labour Market in Bosnia
The paper analyses the effect of job performance, job satisfaction and human capital. It shows that together with monetary factors, such factors as the perception of the social importance of the job, the ability to meet good friends in the team, and the atmosphere within which the respondents work, may also have a high level of impact on labour supply through human capital. The paper demonstrates the power of non-monetary factors in achieving improvements in the context of the ‘job performance-job satisfaction-human capital’ chain, thus bringing about positive changes in labour market supply in Bosnia.
Volume (Year): 2 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.issbs.si|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Grund & Andreas Schmitt, 2013.
"Works councils, wages and job satisfaction,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 299-310, January.
- Siddiqui, Danish Ahmed & Ahmed, Qazi Masood, 2013. "The effect of institutions on economic growth: A global analysis based on GMM dynamic panel estimation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 18-33.
- A. Willem & M. Buelens & I. De Jonghe, 2005. "Impact of organizational structure on nurses’ job satisfaction: A questionnaire survey," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 05/347, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1999.
"The Changing Distribution of Job Satisfaction,"
NBER Working Papers
7332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ann P. Bartel, 1992. "Training, Wage Growth and Job Performance: Evidence From a Company Database," NBER Working Papers 4027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asimina Christoforou, 2011. "Social Capital Across European Countries: Individual and Aggregate Determinants of Group Membership," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(3), pages 699-728, 07.
- Pugno Maurizio & Depedri Sara, 2010.
"Job Performance and Job Satisfaction: An Integrated Survey,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 175-210.
- Maurizio Pugno & Sara Depedri, 2009. "Job performance and job satisfaction: an integrated survey," Department of Economics Working Papers 0904, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Basil Al-Najjar & Mohammed M. Elgammal, 2013. "Innovation and credit ratings, does it matter? UK evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 428-431, March.
- Sahn, David E. & Alderman, Harold, 1988. "The effects of human capital on wages, and the determinants of labor supply in a developing country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 157-183, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isv:jouijm:v:1:y:2012:i:2:p:25-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Ježovnik)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.