Comparando con las grandes. Retos para las aseguradoras en reducción de costos
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hugo Fuentes & Emili Grifell-Tatjé & Sergio Perelman, 2001. "A Parametric Distance Function Approach for Malmquist Productivity Index Estimation," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 79-94, March.
- Philip Hardwick & Wen Dou, 1998. "The Competitiveness of EU Insurance Industries," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 39-53, January.
- Adnan Kasman & Evrim Turgutlu, 2009. "Total Factor Productivity in the Turkish Insurance Industry," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 239-247.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 2008. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency and Productivity Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183528.
- Joseph Farrell & Severin Borenstein, 2000. "Is Cost-Cutting Evidence of X-Inefficiency?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 224-227, May.
- Lucinda Trigo-Gamarra & Christian Growitsch, 2010. "Comparing Single- and Multichannel Distribution Strategies in the German Life Insurance Market: An Analysis of Cost and Profit Efficiency," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 62(4), pages 401-417, October.
- Bernhard Mahlberg & Thomas Url, 2003.
"Effects of the single market on the Austrian insurance industry,"
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 813-838, November.
- Bernhard Mahlberg & Thomas Url, 1998. "Effects of the Single Market on the Austrian Insurance Industry," WIFO Working Papers 97, WIFO.
- Harris Schlesinger & Emilio Venezian, 1986. "Insurance Markets with Loss-Prevention Activity: Profits, Market Structure, and Consumer Welfare," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 227-238, Summer.
- Siew Hoon Lim & C. A. Knox Lovell, 2008. "Short-run Total Cost Change and Productivity of US Class I Railroads," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 155-188, January.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Nazaré Barroso & Maria Rosa Borges, 2005. "Evaluating the Efficiency and Productivity of Insurance Companies with a Malmquist Index: A Case Study for Portugal," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 30(2), pages 244-267, April.
- J. David Cummins & Olivier Mahul, 2009. "Catastrophe Risk Financing in Developing Countries : Principles for Public Intervention," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6289, September.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. A. K. Lovell, 1999. "Profits and Productivity," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(9), pages 1177-1193, September.
- Hale Abdul Kader & Mike Adams & Philip Hardwick, 2010. "The Cost Efficiency of Takaful Insurance Companies," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(1), pages 161-181, January.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2002. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 16-20, October.
- Cummins, J. David & Weiss, Mary A., 1993. "Measuring cost efficiency in the property-liability insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 463-481, April.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Tone, Kaoru, 2009. "Radial and non-radial decompositions of profit change: With an application to Indian banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(3), pages 1130-1146, August.
More about this item
Keywordsseguros; eficiencia en costo; DEA./ insurance; cost efficiency; DEA.;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipn:panora:v:x:y:2014:i:19:p:7-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Marroquín-Arreola) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Juan Marroquín-Arreola to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeipnmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.