Economies of Scale and Stock-Dependence in Pelagic Harvesting: The Case of Northern Chile
Pelagic species are one of the fish stocks which are most vulnerable to unrestrained fishing. Their initial abundance has been a source for substantial profits in the past, with several fishing collapses resulting from it. This paper analyses the case of
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 108 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Trond Bjorndal & Jon M. Conrad, 1987. "The Dynamics of an Open Access Fishery," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 74-85, February.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Lipton, Douglas W. & Strand, Ivar Jr., 1989. "The effect of common property on the optimal structure of the fishing industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 45-51, January.
- Abuaf, Niso & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. " Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 157-174, March.
- Morey, Edward R., 1986. "A generalized harvest function for fishing: Allocating effort among common property cod stocks (A generalized harvest function)," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 30-49, March.
- McKelvey, Robert, 1983. "The fishery in a fluctuating environment: Coexistence of specialist and generalist fishing vessels in a multipurpose fleet," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 287-309, December.
- A. Bhargava & L. Franzini & W. Narendranathan, 2006.
"Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 4, pages 61-77
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:36:y:1999:i:108:p:841-873. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.