The Horizontal Scope of the Firm: Organizational Tradeoffs vs. Buyer-Supplier Relationships
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn MacDonald & Michael D. Ryall, 2004. "How Do Value Creation and Competition Determine Whether a Firm Appropriates Value?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(10), pages 1319-1333, October.
- Milgrom, Paul R, 1988.
"Employment Contracts, Influence Activities, and Efficient Organization Design,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 42-60, February.
- Milgrom, Paul R., 1987. "employment contracts, influence activities and efficient organization design," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6pf6c5j6, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Paul R. Milgrom., 1987. "Employment Contracts, Influence Activities and Efficient Organization Design," Economics Working Papers 8741, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Adam Brandenburger & Harborne Stuart, 2007. "Biform Games," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 537-549, April.
- Nicolaj Siggelkow, 2003. "Why Focus? A Study Of Intra-Industry Focus Effects," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 121-150, June.
- Stuart, Harborne Jr., 2004. "Efficient spatial competition," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 345-362, November.
- Fawcett, Stanley E. & Magnan, Gregory M., 2004. "Ten guiding principles for high-impact SCM," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 67-74.
- Adam M. Brandenburger & Harborne W. Stuart, 1996. "Value-based Business Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 5-24, March.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lemche, S Q, 1991. "The Geometry of Supply, Demand, and Competitive Market Structure with Economies of Scope," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 901-911, September.
- MacDonald, Glenn M & Slivinski, Alan, 1987. "The Simple Analytics of Competitive Equilibrium with Multiproduct Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 941-953, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185-185.
- Panzar, John C & Willig, Robert D, 1981. "Economies of Scope," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 268-272, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:cejnor:v:26:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10100-017-0483-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Tarziján, Jorge, 2013. "The emergence of world-class companies in Chile: Analysis of cases and a framework to assess integration decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1728-1735.
- Ye, Guangliang & Mukhopadhyay, Samar K., 2013. "Role of demand-side strategy in quality competition," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(2), pages 696-701.
- Tomasz Obloj & Peter Zemsky, 2015. "Value creation and value capture under moral hazard: Exploring the micro-foundations of buyer– supplier relationships," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(8), pages 1146-1163, August.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:85:y:2018:i:c:p:127-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Giarratana & Alessandra Perri, 2014. "Product and Marketing Actions in a Competitive Scenario," Working Papers 30, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:10:p:1964-1985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael D. Ryall & Olav Sorenson, 2007. "Brokers and Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 566-583, April.
- Mohammad Keyhani & Moren Lévesque & Anoop Madhok, 2015. "Toward a theory of entrepreneurial rents: A simulation of the market process," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 76-96, January.
- Feess, Eberhard & Thun, Jörn-Henrik, 2014. "Surplus division and investment incentives in supply chains: A biform-game analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 763-773.
- Jens Schmidt & Richard Makadok & Thomas Keil, 2016. "Customer-specific synergies and market convergence," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5), pages 870-895, May.
- Günter Fandel & Jan Trockel, 2016. "Investment and lot size planning in a supply chain: coordinating a just-in-time-delivery with a Harris- or a Wagner/Whitin-solution," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 173-195, January.
More about this item
Keywordsadded value; biform games; client-specific scope economies; generalists versus specialists; supply chain management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:53:y:2007:i:4:p:550-565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.