The Effectiveness of Simple Decision Heuristics: Forecasting Commercial Success for Early-Stage Ventures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas Astebro & Samir Elhedhli, 2006. "The effectiveness of simple decision heuristics : Forecasting commercial success for early-stage ventures," Post-Print hal-00476866, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas B. Astebro & Yigal Gerchak, 2000. "Calculating the Expectation and Variance of the Present Value for a Random Profit Stream of Uncertain Duration," Post-Print hal-00648005, HAL.
- Thomas Astebro & Irwin Bernhardt, 1999. "The Social Rate of Return to Canada's Inventor's Assistance Program," Post-Print hal-00480038, HAL.
- Alba, Joseph W & Marmorstein, Howard, 1987. " The Effects of Frequency Knowledge on Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 14-25, June.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele, 2000. "The M3-Competition: results, conclusions and implications," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 451-476.
- Zacharakis, Andrew L. & Meyer, G. Dale, 2000. "The potential of actuarial decision models: Can they improve the venture capital investment decision?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 323-346, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:elg:eechap:15532_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erin L. Scott & Pian Shu & Roman M. Lubynsky, 2015. "Are “Better” Ideas More Likely to Succeed? An Empirical Analysis of Startup Evaluation," Harvard Business School Working Papers 16-013, Harvard Business School.
- Woike, Jan K. & Hoffrage, Ulrich & Petty, Jeffrey S., 2015. "Picking profitable investments: The success of equal weighting in simulated venture capitalist decision making," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1705-1716.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:8:p:870-879 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schweisfurth, Tim & Zaggl, Michael A. & Schöttl, Claus P. & Raasch, Christina, 2017. "Hierarchical similarity biases in idea evaluation: A study in enterprise crowdfunding," Kiel Working Papers 2095, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Andreas Ortmann & Leonidas Spiliopoulos, 2017.
"The beauty of simplicity? (Simple) heuristics and the opportunities yet to be realized,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Behavioural Economics and Smart Decision-Making, chapter 7, pages 119-136
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andreas Ortmann & Leonidas Spiliopoulos, 2015. "The beauty of simplicity? (Simple) heuristics and the opportunities yet to be realized," Discussion Papers 2015-25, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Brighton, Henry & Gigerenzer, Gerd, 2015. "The bias bias," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1772-1784.
- Fildes, Robert & Goodwin, Paul & Lawrence, Michael & Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, 2009. "Effective forecasting and judgmental adjustments: an empirical evaluation and strategies for improvement in supply-chain planning," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 3-23.
- Basel, Jörn S. & Brühl, Rolf, 2013. "Rationality and dual process models of reasoning in managerial cognition and decision making," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 745-754.
- Loock, Moritz & Hinnen, Gieri, 2015. "Heuristics in organizations: A review and a research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 2027-2036.
- Chan, C.S. Richard & Park, Haemin Dennis, 2015. "How images and color in business plans influence venture investment screening decisions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 732-748.
- Du, Juan & Chen, Chien-Ming & Chen, Yao & Cook, Wade D. & Zhu, Joe, 2012. "Additive super-efficiency in integer-valued data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(1), pages 186-192.
More about this item
Keywordsjudgment; heuristic; forecast; decision making; statistical prediction; early-stage ventures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:3:p:395-409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .