Are Tradeoffs Inherent in Diversification Moves? A Simultaneous Model for Type of Diversification and Mode of Expansion Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brent D Wilson, 1980. "The Propensity of Multinational Companies to Expand Through Acquisitions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 11(1), pages 59-64, March.
- David J. Teece, 2003.
"Towards an Economic Theory of the Multiproduct Firm,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 15, pages 419-446
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1982. "Towards an economic theory of the multiproduct firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 39-63, March.
- Jean-François Hennart & Young-Ryeol Park, 1993. "Greenfield vs. Acquisition: The Strategy of Japanese Investors in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1054-1070, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cunha, P.A.M.F.V., 2005. "The value of cooperation : Studies on the performance outcomes of interorganizational alliances," Other publications TiSEM 59466e6c-1920-461e-b5e9-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ortiz-de-Urbina-Criado, Marta & Montoro-Sánchez, Ángeles & Mora-Valentín, Eva-María, 2014. "Impact of growth strategy on mode of governance in alliances," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 838-848.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:18:y:2009:i:5:d:10.1007_s10726-008-9135-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodriguez-Duarte, Antonio & Sandulli, Francesco D. & Minguela-Rata, Beatriz & Lopez-Sanchez, Jose Ignacio, 2007. "The endogenous relationship between innovation and diversification, and the impact of technological resources on the form of diversification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 652-664, June.
- Gielens, K. & Dekimpe, M.G., 2004. "How To Seize a Window of Opportunity: The Entry Strategy of Retail Firms into Transition Economies," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-038-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Tobias Schmidt & Michael J. Dowling & Christian Lechner, 2006. "The Impact of Initial Public Offerings on the External Growth Strategies of Entrepreneurial Firms," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 11(2), pages 95-110, Summer.
- Alonso-Borrego, César & Forcadell, Francisco Javier, 2010. "Related diversification and R&D intensity dynamics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 537-548, May.
- Quer, Diego & Claver, Enrique & Andreu, Rosario, 2007. "Foreign market entry mode in the hotel industry: The impact of country- and firm-specific factors," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 362-376, June.
- Mudambi, R. & Mudambi, S. M., 2002. "Diversification and market entry choices in the context of foreign direct investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-55, February.
- Piaskowska, D., 2005. "Essays on firm growth and value creation," Other publications TiSEM 89053610-79c6-4c52-9d1c-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
Keywordsdiversification; relatedness; mode of entry; resource based view;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:1:p:25-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.