Rejoinder--Further Reflections on Studying Social Influence in New Product Diffusion
Building on the commentaries on our work, we make additional suggestions for future research on social contagion and new product diffusion. In particular, we note that social contagion may occur for many reasons and that investigating how various personal or group characteristics moderate the amount of influence some customers exert or the extent to which others are sensitive to potential influence can provide insights into the social mechanism(s) at work.
Volume (Year): 30 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (03-04)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Stefan Stremersch, 2004. "Social Contagion and Income Heterogeneity in New Product Diffusion: A Meta-Analytic Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 530-544, July.
- Duncan J. Watts & Peter Sheridan Dodds, 2007. "Influentials, Networks, and Public Opinion Formation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(4), pages 441-458, 05.
- David Godes, 2011. "Commentary--Invited Comment on "Opinion Leadership and Social Contagion in New Product Diffusion"," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 224-229, 03-04.
- Nicholas A. Christakis & James H. Fowler, 2011. "Commentary--Contagion in Prescribing Behavior Among Networks of Doctors," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 213-216, 03-04.
- David Godes & Dina Mayzlin, 2009. "Firm-Created Word-of-Mouth Communication: Evidence from a Field Test," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 721-739, 07-08.
- Sinan Aral, 2011. "Commentary--Identifying Social Influence: A Comment on Opinion Leadership and Social Contagion in New Product Diffusion," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 217-223, 03-04.
- Raghuram Iyengar & Christophe Van den Bulte & Thomas W. Valente, 2011. "Opinion Leadership and Social Contagion in New Product Diffusion," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 195-212, 03-04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:30:y:2011:i:2:p:230-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.