Going Where the Ad Leads You: On High Advertised Prices and Searching Where to Buy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Robert Clark, 2007. "Advertising Restrictions and Competition in the Childrenâ€™s Breakfast Cereal Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50, pages 757-780.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13240 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ganesh Iyer & Amit Pazgal, 2003. "Internet Shopping Agents: Virtual Co-Location and Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 85-106, November.
- Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Non, Marielle C., 2008.
"Advertising and consumer search in a duopoly model,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 354-371, January.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Mariëlle C. Non, 2005. "Advertising and Consumer Search in a Duopoly Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-022/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Meurer, Michael & Stahl, Dale II, 1994. "Informative advertising and product match," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Ganesh Iyer, 1998. "Coordinating Channels Under Price and Nonprice Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 338-355.
- Yuxin Chen & K. Sudhir, 2004.
"When Shopbots Meet Emails: Implications for Price Competition on the Internet,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 233-255, September.
- K. Sudhir & Yuxin Chen, 2001. "When Shopbots Meet Emails: Implications for Price Competition on the Internet," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm247, Yale School of Management.
- Yuxin Chen & K. Sudhir, 2002. "When Shopbots Meet Emails: Implications for Price Competition on the Internet," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 1-3-1007, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Chuan He & Yuxin Chen, 2006. "Research Note—Managing e-Marketplace: A Strategic Analysis of Nonprice Advertising," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(2), pages 175-187, 03-04.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13239 is not listed on IDEAS
- David A. Soberman, 2004. "Research Note: Additional Learning and Implications on the Role of Informative Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12), pages 1744-1750, December.
- Ram C. Rao & Niladri Syam, 2001. "Equilibrium Price Communication and Unadvertised Specials by Competing Supermarkets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(1), pages 61-81, June.
- Stahl II Dale O., 1994. "Oligopolistic Pricing and Advertising," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 162-177, October.
- Koen Pauwels & Dominique M. Hanssens, 2007. "Performance Regimes and Marketing Policy Shifts," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 293-311, 05-06.
- Stivers, Andrew & Tremblay, Victor J., 2005. "Advertising, search costs, and social welfare," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 317-333, July.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Brousseau,Eric & Curien,Nicolas (ed.), 2007. "Internet and Digital Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521855914, October.
- Peter J. Danaher, 2007. "Modeling Page Views Across Multiple Websites with an Application to Internet Reach and Frequency Prediction," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 422-437, 05-06.
- Frank M. Bass & Norris Bruce & Sumit Majumdar & B. P. S. Murthi, 2007. "Wearout Effects of Different Advertising Themes: A Dynamic Bayesian Model of the Advertising-Sales Relationship," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 179-195, 03-04.
- Ganesh Iyer & Amit Pazgal, 2003. "Erratum: Internet Shopping Agents: Virtual Co-Location and Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 271-271, November.
- Gerard R. Butters, 1977. "Equilibrium Distributions of Sales and Advertising Prices," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 465-491.
- Robert, Jacques & Stahl, Dale O, II, 1993. "Informative Price Advertising in a Sequential Search Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 657-686, May.
- Stahl, Dale O, II, 1989. "Oligopolistic Pricing with Sequential Consumer Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 700-712, September.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:30:y:2015:i:c:p:46-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Burguet & Vaiva Petrikaite, 2017. "Targeted Advertising and Costly Consumer Search," Working Papers 971, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Wang, Chengsi, 2011. "Informative Advertising, Consumer Search and Transparency Policy," MPRA Paper 34977, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Obradovits, Martin, 2015. "Going to the Discounter: Consumer Search with Local Market Heterogeneities," MPRA Paper 66613, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dina Mayzlin & Jiwoong Shin, 2011. "Uninformative Advertising as an Invitation to Search," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 666-685, July.
- Ganesh Iyer & Dmitri Kuksov, 2012. "Competition in Consumer Shopping Experience," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(6), pages 913-933, November.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer search; informative advertising; pricing strategy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:28:y:2009:i:1:p:87-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.