Multiplicative Utilities for Health and Consumption
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kareen Rozen, 2010.
"Foundations of Intrinsic Habit Formation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(4), pages 1341-1373, July.
- Kareen Rozen, 2008. "Foundations of Intrinsic Habit Formation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1642, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Rozen, Kareen, 2008. "Foundations of Intrinsic Habit Formation," Working Papers 40, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Kareen Rozen, 2008. "Foundations of Intrinsic Habit Formation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1642R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2009.
- Kareen Rozen, 2008. "Foundations of Intrinsic Habit Formation," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002062, David K. Levine.
- Kenneth C. Lichtendahl & Raul O. Chao & Samuel E. Bodily, 2012. "Habit Formation from Correlation Aversion," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(3), pages 625-637, June.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Francis Asenso-Boadi & Tim J. Peters & Joanna Coast, 2008. "Exploring differences in empirical time preference rates for health: an application of meta-regression," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 235-248.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John, 1999. "Life-cycle preferences over consumption and health: when is cost-effectiveness analysis equivalent to cost-benefit analysis?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 681-708, December.
- Antoine Bommier, 2006.
"Uncertain Lifetime And Intertemporal Choice: Risk Aversion As A Rationale For Time Discounting,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1223-1246, November.
- Antoine Bommier, 2001. "Uncertain lifetime and intertemporal choice : risk aversion as a rationale for time discounting," Research Unit Working Papers 0108, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Scott F. Richard, 1975. "Multivariate Risk Aversion, Utility Independence and Separable Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 12-21, September.
- James S. Dyer & Rakesh K. Sarin, 1979. "Measurable Multiattribute Value Functions," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 810-822, August.
- Peter C. Fishburn & Ralph L. Keeney, 1975. "Generalized Utility Independence and Some Implications," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(5), pages 928-940, October.
- John M. Miyamoto & Peter P. Wakker & Han Bleichrodt & Hans J. M. Peters, 1998. "The Zero-Condition: A Simplifying Assumption in QALY Measurement and Multiattribute Utility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 839-849, June.
- Michael G. Palumbo, 1999. "Uncertain Medical Expenses and Precautionary Saving Near the End of the Life Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 395-421.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Gafni, Amiram, 1996. "Time preference, the discounted utility model and health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 49-66, February.
- Ronald A. Howard, 1984. "On Fates Comparable to Death," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 407-422, April.
- James E. Smith & Ralph L. Keeney, 2005. "Your Money or Your Life: A Prescriptive Model for Health, Safety, and Consumption Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(9), pages 1309-1325, September.
- Kenneth C. Lichtendahl & Samuel E. Bodily, 2010. "Preferences for Consumption Streams: Scale Invariance, Correlation Aversion, and Delay Aversion Under Mortality Risk," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(4-part-1), pages 985-997, August.
- Han Bleichrodt, 2002. "A new explanation for the difference between time trade-off utilities and standard gamble utilities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 447-456.
- David E. Bell, 1986. "Double-Exponential Utility Functions," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 351-361, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- L. Robin Keller & Ali Abbas & J. Eric Bickel & Vicki M. Bier & David V. Budescu & John C. Butler & Enrico Diecidue & Robin L. Dillon-Merrill & Raimo P. Hämäläinen & Kenneth C. Lichtendahl & Jason R. W, 2012. "From the Editors ---Brainstorming, Multiplicative Utilities, Partial Information on Probabilities or Outcomes, and Regulatory Focus," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 9(4), pages 297-302, December.
- Rakesh K. Sarin, 2013. "From the Editor —Optimal Betting, Reducing Unnecessary Mammography in Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Product Line Design, and Value of Information," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 187-188, September.
- Yongzhi Cao, 2014. "Reducing Interval-Valued Decision Trees to Conventional Ones: Comments on Decision Trees with Single and Multiple Interval-Valued Objectives," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 204-212, September.
- Marc St-Pierre, 2017. "Risk-induced discounting," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 13-30, January.
- Ali E. Abbas & Zhengwei Sun, 2015. "Multiattribute Utility Functions Satisfying Mutual Preferential Independence," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(2), pages 378-393, April.
More about this item
Keywordsmultiattribute utility; health utility analysis; medical decision making; life-cycle consumption planning; standard gamble; time trade-off; QALYs; correlation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ordeca:v:9:y:2012:i:4:p:314-328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Mirko Janc to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .