Your Money or Your Life: A Prescriptive Model for Health, Safety, and Consumption Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William J Furlong & David H. Feeny & George W. Torrance & Ronald D. Barr, 2001. "The Health Utilities Index (HUI®) System for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Clinical Studies," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 2001-02, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John, 1999. "Life-cycle preferences over consumption and health: when is cost-effectiveness analysis equivalent to cost-benefit analysis?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 681-708, December.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John, 2002. "Life-cycle preferences over consumption and health: a reply to Klose," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 167-168, January.
- John M. Miyamoto & Peter P. Wakker & Han Bleichrodt & Hans J. M. Peters, 1998. "The Zero-Condition: A Simplifying Assumption in QALY Measurement and Multiattribute Utility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 839-849, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1987:77:11:1417-1426_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- James E. Smith, 1998. "Evaluating Income Streams: A Decision Analysis Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1690-1708, December.
- Ronald A. Howard, 1984. "On Fates Comparable to Death," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 407-422, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Savage David A., 2016. "Surviving the Storm: Behavioural Economics in the Conflict Environment," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 22(2), pages 105-129, April.
- Bruno S. Frey & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009.
"Surviving the Titanic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
245, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Bruno S. Frey & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Surviving the Titanic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants," CESifo Working Paper Series 2551, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Surviving the Titanic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-03, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Frey, Bruno S & Savage, David A & Torgler, Benno, 2009. "Surviving the Titantic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt6h24b1vt, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Strand, Jon, 2006. "Valuation of environmental improvements in continuous time with mortality and morbidity effects," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 229-241, August.
- Donnelly, Catherine & Guillén, Montserrat & Nielsen, Jens Perch, 2014. "Bringing cost transparency to the life annuity market," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 14-27.
- Han Bleichrodt & Ulrich Schmidt & Horst Zank, 2009. "Additive Utility in Prospect Theory," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(5), pages 863-873, May.
- Richard Cookson & Owen Cotton-Barrett & Matthew Adler & Miqdad Asaria & Toby Ord, 2016. "Years of good life based on income and health: Re-engineering cost-benefit analysis to examine policy impacts on wellbeing and distributive justice," Working Papers 132cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Baruch Keren & Joseph Pliskin, 2011. "Optimal timing of joint replacement using mathematical programming and stochastic programming models," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 361-369, November.
More about this item
Keywordsdecision analysis; QALYs; consumption health and safety decisions; valuing health outcomes; time preference; value tradeoffs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:51:y:2005:i:9:p:1309-1325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.