Macroeconomic Variables, Exchange Rate And Stock Price: A Malaysian Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khil, Jaeuk & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2000. "Are common stocks a good hedge against inflation? Evidence from the Pacific-rim countries," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 457-482, July.
- Haug, Alfred A., 1996. "Tests for cointegration a Monte Carlo comparison," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 89-115.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S., 1993. "Long-run purchasing power parity during the recent float," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 181-192, February.
- Gjerde, Oystein & Saettem, Frode, 1999. "Causal relations among stock returns and macroeconomic variables in a small, open economy," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Abul M.M. Masih & Rumi Masih, 1998. "Does money cause prices, or the other way around?: Multi-country econometric evidence including error-correction modelling from South-east Asia," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 138-160, September.
- Lastrapes, William D. & Koray, Faik, 1990. "International transmission of aggregate shocks under fixed and flexible exchange rate regimes: United Kingdom, France, and Germany, 1959 to 1985," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 402-423, December.
- David A. Dickey & Dennis W. Jansen & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "A primer on cointegration with an application to money and income," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 58-78.
- Park, Kwangwoo & Ratti, Ronald A, 2000. "Real Activity, Inflation, Stock Returns, and Monetary Policy," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 59-77, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buerhan Saiti & Azlan Ali & Naziruddin Abdullah & Sulaiman Sajilan, 2014. "Palm Oil Price, Exchange Rate, and Stock Market: A Wavelet Analysis on the Malaysian Market," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(1), pages 13-27.
- el Alaoui, AbdelKader & Diwandaru, Ginanjar & Rosly, Saiful Azhar & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "What Drives Profitability of Banks: Do Interest rate, and Fee and Commissions impact the profitability of Banks? Evidence from the European Countries," MPRA Paper 59606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albaity, Mohamed Shikh, 2011. "Impact of the monetary policy instruments on Islamic stock market index return," Economics Discussion Papers 2011-26, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mat Isa, Norshamshina & Abdullah, Azrul & Hassan, Zunairah, 2012. "Relationship between Macroeconomic Variables and Malaysia Available Shariah Indices," MPRA Paper 69397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Margaret N. Okoli, 2012. "Return-Volatility Interactions in the Nigerian Stock Market," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(2), pages 389-399, June.
- Pathan, Rubina & Masih, Mansur, 2013. "Relationship between macroeconomic variables and stock market index: evidence from India," MPRA Paper 63302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:4:p:911-926 is not listed on IDEAS
- ALAM Nafis & TAN Ee Chain, 2012. "Impact Of Financial Crisis On Stock Returns: Evidence From Singapore," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 7(2), pages 5-19, August.
More about this item
KeywordsStock price behavior; Macroeconomic variables; Vector autoregression;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ije:journl:v9:y:2001:i:2:p:141-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gairuzazmi Mat Ghani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feiiumy.html .