A Three-Period Analysis of R&D Spillovers in the Presence of an Industry Life Cycle Pattern
This paper introduces the time dimension into the precompetitive R&D model, where both demand and spillovers vary over time. The effect of cooperation on R&D depends on a weighted function of spillovers, with the weights being a function of demand levels. The bulk of the incentives for innovation come from the growth phase of the industry.
Volume (Year): 8 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James D. Adams, 2001.
"Comparative Localization of Academic and Industrial Spillovers,"
NBER Working Papers
8292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James D. Adams, 2002. "Comparative localization of academic and industrial spillovers," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 253-278, July.
- Lin, Zhengxi & Baldwin, John R., 2001.
"Impediments to Advanced Technology Adoption for Canadian Manufacturers,"
Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series
2001173e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Baldwin, John & Lin, Zhengxi, 2002. "Impediments to advanced technology adoption for Canadian manufacturers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Henderson, R. & Jaffe, A.B.: Tratenberg, M., 1995.
"Universities as a Source of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis of University Patenting 1965-1988,"
09-95, Tel Aviv.
- Rebecca Henderson & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1998. "Universities As A Source Of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis Of University Patenting, 1965-1988," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 119-127, February.
- Rebecca Henderson & Adam Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1995. "Universities as a Source of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis of University Patenting 1965-1988," NBER Working Papers 5068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desmet, Klaus & Rojas, Juan A, 2004.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Spillovers: Gradualism May Be Better,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klaus Desmet & Felipe Meza & Juan A. Rojas, 2008. "Foreign direct investment and spillovers: gradualism may be better," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 926-953, August.
- Klaus Desmet & Juan Rojas, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment And Spillovers: Gradualism May Be Better," Economics Working Papers we040401, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Zhu Wang, 2006. "Learning, diffusion and the industry life cycle," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 04-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:8:y:2009:i:1:p:21-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.