Venture Capital and Risk in High-Technology Enterprises
We find UK investors and entrepreneurs are significantly concordant in rankings of investments and key factors for risk but significantly discordant on risk classes. Investors emphasise agency risk (e.g., motivation, empowerment, alignment), and entrepreneurs emphasise business risk (e.g., market opportunities).
Volume (Year): 2 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 100 Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung|
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gavin C. Reid, 1999.
"The application of principal-agent methods to investor-investee relations in the UK venture capital industry,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 285-302, October.
- Gavin C Reid, 1998. "The Application of Principal-Agent Methods to Investor-Investee Relations in the UK Venture Capital Industry," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9810, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Beetsma, Roel M W J & Schotman, Peter C, 2001. "Measuring Risk Attitudes in a Natural Experiment: Data from the Television Game Show Lingo," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 821-848, October.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Schotman, P.C., 1998. "Measuring Risk Attitudes in a Natural Experiment: Data from The Television Game Show LINGO," Papers 98-48, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Beetsma, Roel & Schotman, Peter C, 1998. "Measuring Risk Attitudes in a Natural Experiment: Data from the Television Game Show LINGO," CEPR Discussion Papers 1893, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee, 1983. " On the Positive Role of Financial Intermediation in Allocation of Venture Capital in a Market with Imperfect Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1543-1568, December.
- Yuk-Shee Chan., 1982. "On the Positive Role of Financial Intermediation in Allocation of Venture Capital in a Market with Imperfect Information," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 127, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bricker, Robert & Chandar, Nandini, 2000. "Where Berle and Means went wrong: a reassessment of capital market agency and financial reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 529-554, August.
- Falconer Mitchell & Gavin C Reid & Nicholas G Terry, 1994. "Post Investment Demand for Accounting Information by Venture Capitalists," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9424, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Siegel, Daniel R & Thakor, Anjan V, 1990. "Learning, Corporate Control and Performance Requirements in Venture Capital Contracts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 365-381, May.
- Murray, Gordon C. & Marriott, Richard, 1998. "Why has the investment performance of technology-specialist, European venture capital funds been so poor?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 947-976, December.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Gavin C Reid, 2000. "Information System Development in the Small Firm," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0002, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Gavin C Reid, 1994. "Fast Growing Small Entrepreneurial Firms and their Venture Capital Backers: an Applied Principal-Agent Analysis," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9421, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Francis, Jennifer & Smith, Abbie, 1995. "Agency costs and innovation some empirical evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 383-409, April.
- Bhattacharyya, Sugato & Leach, J Chris, 1999. "Risk Spillovers and Required Returns in Capital Budgeting," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(3), pages 461-479.
- Lefley, Frank, 1997. "Approaches to risk and uncertainty in the appraisal of new technology capital projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 21-33, November.
- Gavin C Reid & Julia A Smith, 1999. "The Impact of Contingencies on Information System Development," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9918, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September.
- repec:wuk:andedp:9616 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:2:y:2003:i:3:p:227-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.