Venture Capital and Risk in High-Technology Enterprises
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Yuk-Shee, 1983.
" On the Positive Role of Financial Intermediation in Allocation of Venture Capital in a Market with Imperfect Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1543-1568, December.
- Yuk-Shee Chan., 1982. "On the Positive Role of Financial Intermediation in Allocation of Venture Capital in a Market with Imperfect Information," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 127, University of California at Berkeley.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Siegel, Daniel R & Thakor, Anjan V, 1990. "Learning, Corporate Control and Performance Requirements in Venture Capital Contracts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 365-381, May.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Gavin C Reid & Lowell R Jacobsen., "undated". "The Small Entrepreneurial Firm," Hume Papers 8, David Hume Institute.
- Bhattacharyya, Sugato & Leach, J Chris, 1999. "Risk Spillovers and Required Returns in Capital Budgeting," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(3), pages 461-479.
- Lefley, Frank, 1997. "Approaches to risk and uncertainty in the appraisal of new technology capital projects," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 21-33, November.
- repec:wuk:andedp:9616 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gavin C. Reid, 1999. "The application of principal-agent methods to investor-investee relations in the UK venture capital industry," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 285-302, October.
- Beetsma, Roel M W J & Schotman, Peter C, 2001.
"Measuring Risk Attitudes in a Natural Experiment: Data from the Television Game Show Lingo,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 821-848, October.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Schotman, P.C., 1998. "Measuring Risk Attitudes in a Natural Experiment: Data from The Television Game Show LINGO," Papers 98-48, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Beetsma, Roel & Schotman, Peter C, 1998. "Measuring Risk Attitudes in a Natural Experiment: Data from the Television Game Show LINGO," CEPR Discussion Papers 1893, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Falconer Mitchell & Gavin Reid & Nicholas Terry, 1999. "Accounting information system development and the supply of venture capital," Chapters,in: Management Buy-outs and Venture Capital, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bricker, Robert & Chandar, Nandini, 2000. "Where Berle and Means went wrong: a reassessment of capital market agency and financial reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 529-554, August.
- Murray, Gordon C. & Marriott, Richard, 1998. "Why has the investment performance of technology-specialist, European venture capital funds been so poor?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 947-976, December.
- Francis, Jennifer & Smith, Abbie, 1995. "Agency costs and innovation some empirical evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 383-409, April.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jong-Shin Wei & Chwen-Chi Liu, 2003. "Structure, Conduct, and Performance of Principal-Agent Models: An Overview," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 2(3), pages 177-178, December.
More about this item
Keywordsprincipal-agent; high-tech; risk;
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:2:y:2003:i:3:p:227-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbfcutw.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.