Developing a Digital Currency from an Islamic Perspective: Case of Blockchain Technology
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera & Moussa Larbani, 2006. "Part I: Seigniorage of fiat money and the maqasid al-Shari’ah: the unattainableness of the maqasid," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 17-33, February.
- Ewe-Ghee Lim & Subramanian S Sriram, 2003. "Factors Underlying the Definition of Broad Money; An Examination of Recent U.S. Monetary Statistics and Practices of Other Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Dyhrberg, Anne Haubo, 2016. "Hedging capabilities of bitcoin. Is it the virtual gold?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 139-144.
- Mainelli, Michael & Smith, Mike, 2015. "Sharing ledgers for sharing economies: an exploration of mutual distributed ledgers (aka blockchain technology)," Journal of Financial Perspectives, EY Global FS Institute, vol. 3(3), pages 38-58.
- Ali, Robleh & Barrdear, John & Clews, Roger & Southgate, James, 2014. "Innovations in payment technologies and the emergence of digital currencies," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(3), pages 262-275.
More about this item
Keywordsdigital currencies; Islamic finance; functions of money; Islam; blockchain;
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibn:ibrjnl:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:79-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Canadian Center of Science and Education). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepflch.html .