Innovations in payment technologies and the emergence of digital currencies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McLeay, Michael & Radia, Amar & Thomas, Ryland, 2014. "Money creation in the modern economy," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(1), pages 14-27.
- Charles Goodhart, 1988. "The Evolution of Central Banks," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570734, March.
- Naqvi, Mona & Southgate, James, 2013. "Banknotes, local currencies and central bank objectives," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(4), pages 317-325.
- Manning, Mark & Nier, Erlend & Schanz, Jochen (ed.), 2009. "The Economics of Large-value Payments and Settlement: Theory and Policy Issues for Central Banks," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199571116.
- Finan, Kevin & Lasaosa, Ana & Sunderland, Jamie, 2013. "Tiering in CHAPS," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(4), pages 371-378.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bissessar, Shiva, 2016. "Opportunities and risks associated with the advent of digital currency in the Caribbean," Studies and Perspectives – ECLAC Subregional Headquarters for The Caribbean 46, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- repec:eee:intfin:v:52:y:2018:i:c:p:173-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ross D. King, 2016. "On the Use of Computer Programs as Money," Papers 1608.00878, arXiv.org.
- repec:mgt:youmng:v:12:y:2017:i:4:p:301-316 is not listed on IDEAS
- C. Pfister, 2017. "Monetary Policy and Digital Currencies: Much Ado about Nothing?," Working papers 642, Banque de France.
- Dermine, J., 2016. "Digital banking and market disruption: a sense of déjà vu?," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 20, pages 17-24, April.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Kancs, d'Artis, 2018.
"Virtual relationships: Short- and long-run evidence from BitCoin and altcoin markets,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 173-195.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2017. "Virtual Relationships: Short- and Long-run Evidence from BitCoin and Altcoin Markets," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2017/02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2017. "Virtual Relationships: Short- and Long-run Evidence from BitCoin and Altcoin Markets," Papers 1706.07216, arXiv.org.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Kancs, d'Artis & Rajcaniova, Miroslava, 2017. "Virtual Relationships: Short- and Long-run Evidence from BitCoin and Altcoin Markets," Working Papers 2017-05, Joint Research Centre, European Commission (Ispra site).
- Barrdear, John & Kumhof, Michael, 2016. "The macroeconomics of central bank issued digital currencies," Bank of England working papers 605, Bank of England.
- Ansart, Sandrine & Monvoisin, Virginie, 2017. "The new monetary and financial initiatives: Finance regaining its position as servant of the economy," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 750-760.
- Zura Kakushadze & Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, 2018. "CryptoRuble: From Russia with Love," Papers 1801.05760, arXiv.org.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:43:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41288-018-0081-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ibn:ibrjnl:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:79-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:prg:jnlaip:v:2017:y:2017:i:2:id:106:p:138-161 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koichiro Kamada, 2017. "The Transactions Demand for Paper and Digital Currencies," IMES Discussion Paper Series 17-E-06, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Jarunee Wonglimpiyarat, 2016. "Technological Change of the Innovation Payment System," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(04), pages 1-20, August.
- Harinder S. Kohli (ed.), 2016. "The World in 2050: Striving for a More Just, Prosperous, and Harmonious Global Community," Books, Emerging Markets Forum, edition 1, number world2050, August.
- Gabriele Camera, 2016. "A Perspective on Electronic Alternatives to Traditional Currencies," Working Papers 16-32, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:34:y:2017:i:1:p:3-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fip:fedker:00056 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben Fung & Hanna Halaburda, 2016. "Central Bank Digital Currencies: A Framework for Assessing Why and How," Discussion Papers 16-22, Bank of Canada.
- Fish, Tom & Whymark , Roy, 2015. "How has cash usage evolved in recent decades? What might drive demand in the future?," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 55(3), pages 216-227.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:qbullt:0147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Group). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.