Un sistema ARIMA con agregación temporal para la previsión y el seguimiento del déficit del Estado
Our aim is to develop a temporal aggregation ARIMA model to monitor and forecast the annual Spanish central government deficit in order to detect in advance a possible deterioration of the annual public sector balance, using monthly data. We compare the predictive performance of the proposed model with competing forecasting methods, such as annual forecasts directly derived from monthly ARIMA models, and official forecasts published by the government. The results confirm the large improvement in forecasting performance of the aggregated ARIMA system when compared to other alternatives.
Volume (Year): 190 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Cardenal Herrera Oria, 378, 28035 Madrid|
Web page: http://www.ief.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Silvestrini & Matteo Salto & Laurent Moulin & David Veredas, 2008.
"Monitoring and forecasting annual public deficit every month: the case of France,"
Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 493-524, June.
- SILVESTRINI, Andrea & SALTo, Matteo & MOULIN, Laurent & VEREDAS, David, "undated". "Monitoring and forecasting annual public deficit every month: the case of France," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Onorante, Luca & Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J. & Signorini, Sara, 2010. "The usefulness of infra-annual government cash budgetary data for fiscal forecasting in the euro area," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 98-119, January.
- Onorante, Luca & Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J. & Signorini, Sara, 2008. "The usefulness of infra-annual government cash budgetary data for fiscal forecasting in the euro area," Working Paper Series 901, European Central Bank.
- Pedregal, Diego J. & Pérez, Javier J., 2010. "Should quarterly government finance statistics be used for fiscal surveillance in Europe?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 794-807, October.
- Pérez, Javier J. & Pedregal, Diego J., 2008. "Should quarterly government finance statistics be used for fiscal surveillane in Europe?," Working Paper Series 937, European Central Bank.
- Perez, Javier J., 2007. "Leading indicators for euro area government deficits," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 259-275. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hpe:journl:y:2009:v:190:i:3:p:27-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Belén Miquel Burgos)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.