Geographies of Finance : Centers, Flows, and Relations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ewald Engelen & Michael H. Grote, 2009. "Stock exchange virtualisation and the decline of second-tier financial centres--the cases of Amsterdam and Frankfurt," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 679-696, September.
- Felici Roberto & Pagnini Marcello, 2005. "Distance, bank heterogeneity and entry in local banking markets," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 557, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- James Faulconbridge & Ewald Engelen & Michael Hoyler & Jonathan Beaverstock, 2007. "Analysing the Changing Landscape of European Financial Centres: The Role of Financial Products and the Case of Amsterdam," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 279-303.
- Gordon L Clark, 2003. "Comment on Ewald Engelen: The European model is unsustainable," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(8), pages 1373-1376, August.
- Kenneth P. Brevoort & Timothy H. Hannan, 2004. "Commercial lending and distance: evidence from Community Reinvestment Act data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sang-Rim Choi & Adrian Tschoegl & Chwo-Ming Yu, 1986. "Banks and the world’s major financial centers, 1970–1980," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 122(1), pages 48-64, March.
- Michael H. Grote, 2007. "Mobile Marketplaces-Consequences of the Changing Governance of European Stock Exchanges," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 260-278.
- Adam D. Dixon & Ashby H. B. Monk, 2009. "The power of finance: accounting harmonization's effect on pension provision," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 619-639, September.
- DeYoung, Robert & Glennon, Dennis & Nigro, Peter, 2008. "Borrower-lender distance, credit scoring, and loan performance: Evidence from informational-opaque small business borrowers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 113-143, January.
- Clark, Gordon L. & Wojcik, Dariusz, 2007. "The Geography of Finance: Corporate Governance in the Global Marketplace," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199213368.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998. "Cities and the Geography of Financial Centres," CEPR Discussion Papers 1894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berger, Allen N, 2003.
" The Economic Effects of Technological Progress: Evidence from the Banking Industry,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 141-176, April.
- Allen N. Berger, 2002. "The economic effects of technological progress: evidence from the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen Berger & Robert DeYoung, 2001.
"The Effects of Geographic Expansion on Bank Efficiency,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 163-184, April.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 2000. "The effects of geographic expansion on bank efficiency," Working Paper Series WP-00-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert De Young, 2001. "The effects of geographic expansion on bank efficiency," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-03, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alexander W. Butler, 2008. "Distance Still Matters: Evidence from Municipal Bond Underwriting," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 763-784, April.
- Mohamed Chaffai & Michel Dietsch & Ana Lozano-Vivas, 2001. "Technological and Environmental Differences in the European Banking Industries," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 147-162, April.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2002.
"Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2533-2570, December.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2000. "Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending," NBER Working Papers 7685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard O'Brien & Alasdair Keith, 2009. "The geography of finance: after the storm," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 2(2), pages 245-265.
- Sumit Agarwal, 2010. "Distance and Private Information in Lending," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(7), pages 2757-2788, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 1999.
"Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance,"
Working Paper Series
WP-99-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 2000. "Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andy Pike, 2006. "'Shareholder value' versus the regions: the closure of the Vaux Brewery in Sunderland," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 201-222, April.
- Christopher M. Muellerleile, 2009. "Financialization takes off at Boeing," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 663-677, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:58:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0320-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRelational Turns; Financial Space; Financial Centers; Financial Flows;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitjec:v:52:y:2011:i:1:p:69-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.