What Kept the Boat Afloat? Sustainability of Employment in Knowledge-Intensive Sectors Due to Government Measures during COVID-19 Pandemic
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Warwick McKibbin & Roshen Fernando, 2021.
"The Global Macroeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: Seven Scenarios,"
Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 20(2), pages 1-30, Summer.
- Warwick McKibbin & Roshen Fernando, 2020. "The global macroeconomic impacts of COVID-19: Seven scenarios," CAMA Working Papers 2020-19, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Robert Fairlie, 2020. "The impact of COVID‐19 on small business owners: Evidence from the first three months after widespread social‐distancing restrictions," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 727-740, October.
- Ladislav Mura & Zuzana Hajduová, 2021. "Measuring efficiency by using selected determinants in regional SMEs," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 8(3), pages 487-503, March.
- Holger Patzelt & Dean A. Shepherd, 2011. "Recognizing Opportunities for Sustainable Development," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 35(4), pages 631-652, July.
- Sigala, Marianna, 2020. "Tourism and COVID-19: Impacts and implications for advancing and resetting industry and research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 312-321.
- Kuckertz, Andreas & Brändle, Leif & Gaudig, Anja & Hinderer, Sebastian & Morales Reyes, Carlos Arturo & Prochotta, Alicia & Steinbrink, Kathrin M. & Berger, Elisabeth S.C., 2020. "Startups in times of crisis – A rapid response to the COVID-19 pandemic," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 13(C).
- Gabriele Santoro & Antonio Messeni-Petruzzelli & Manlio Giudice, 2021. "Searching for resilience: the impact of employee-level and entrepreneur-level resilience on firm performance in small family firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 455-471, June.
- Anderton, Robert & Botelho, Vasco & Consolo, Agostino & Da Silva, António Dias & Foroni, Claudia & Mohr, Matthias & Vivian, Lara, 2021. "The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the euro area labour market," Economic Bulletin Articles, European Central Bank, vol. 8.
- Bruno Brandão Fischer & Sérgio Queiroz & Nicholas S. Vonortas, 2018. "On the location of knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship in developing countries: lessons from São Paulo, Brazil," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5-6), pages 612-638, May.
- Sharma, Piyush & Leung, T.Y. & Kingshott, Russel P.J. & Davcik, Nebojsa S. & Cardinali, Silvio, 2020. "Managing uncertainty during a global pandemic: An international business perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 188-192.
- Dabo Guan & Daoping Wang & Stephane Hallegatte & Steven J. Davis & Jingwen Huo & Shuping Li & Yangchun Bai & Tianyang Lei & Qianyu Xue & D’Maris Coffman & Danyang Cheng & Peipei Chen & Xi Liang & Bing, 2020. "Global supply-chain effects of COVID-19 control measures," Nature Human Behaviour, Nature, vol. 4(6), pages 577-587, June.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2020. "The impact of COVID-19 on small business owners: Evidence from the first 3 months after widespread social-distancing restrictions," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1n60b6p6, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Hugo Pinto & Tiago Santos Pereira & Elvira Uyarra, 2019. "Innovation in firms, resilience and the economic downturn: Insights from CIS data in Portugal," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(6), pages 951-967, December.
- Ndeye Ndiaye & Lutfi Abdul Razak & Ruslan Nagayev & Adam Ng, 2018. "Demystifying small and medium enterprises’ (SMEs) performance in emerging and developing economies," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 18(4), pages 269-281, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elena Razumovskaia & Larisa Yuzvovich & Elena Kniazeva & Mikhail Klimenko & Valeriy Shelyakin, 2020. "The Effectiveness of Russian Government Policy to Support SMEs in the COVID-19 Pandemic," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 6(4), pages 1-20, November.
- Grashuis, Jasper, 2021. "Self-employment duration during the COVID-19 pandemic: A competing risk analysis," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 15(C).
- John C. Haltiwanger, 2021.
"Entrepreneurship during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Evidence from the Business Formation Statistics,"
NBER Chapters, in: Entrepreneurship and Innovation Policy and the Economy, volume 1,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John C. Haltiwanger, 2021. "Entrepreneurship During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Evidence from the Business Formation Statistics," NBER Working Papers 28912, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abel Brodeur & David Gray & Anik Islam & Suraiya Bhuiyan, 2021.
"A literature review of the economics of COVID‐19,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 1007-1044, September.
- Brodeur, Abel & Gray, David & Islam, Anik & Bhuiyan, Suraiya Jabeen, 2020. "A Literature Review of the Economics of COVID-19," GLO Discussion Paper Series 601, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Abel Brodeur & Suraiya Bhuyian & Anik Islam & David Gray, 2021. "A Literature Review of the Economics of COVID-19," Working Papers 2103E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Brodeur, Abel & Gray, David M. & Islam, Anik & Bhuiyan, Suraiya Jabeen, 2020. "A Literature Review of the Economics of COVID-19," IZA Discussion Papers 13411, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rosa Caiazza & Phillip Phan & Erik Lehmann & Henry Etzkowitz, 2021. "An absorptive capacity-based systems view of Covid-19 in the small business economy," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 1419-1439, September.
- , Aisdl, 2020. "Employing Value Chain Theory To Address COVID-19 Outbreak In Tourism Management: A Resilience and Stakeholder View," OSF Preprints tmzvf, Center for Open Science.
- Rajapakshe, PSK & Gamage, SKN & Prasanna, RPIR & Jayasundara, JMSB & Ekanayake, EMS & Upulwehera, JMHM & Wijerathna, WAID & Abeyrathne, GAKNJ, 2020. "Social Capital, Performance of SMEs, and COVID-19 Pandemic," MPRA Paper 109530, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Aug 2020.
- Daniel Graeber & Alexander S. Kritikos & Johannes Seebauer, 2021.
"COVID-19: a crisis of the female self-employed,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 1141-1187, October.
- Daniel Graeber & Alexander S. Kritikos & Johannes Seebauer, 2020. "COVID-19: A Crisis of the Female Self-Employed," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1903, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Daniel Graeber & Alexander S. Kritikos & Johannes Seebauer, 2020. "Covid-19: A Crisis of the Female Self-Employed," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1108, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Daniel Graeber & Alexander S. Kritikos & Johannes Seebauer, 2021. "COVID-19: a crisis of the female self-employed," CEPA Discussion Papers 27, Center for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Graeber, Daniel & Kritikos, Alexander S. & Seebauer, Johannes, 2021. "COVID-19: a crisis of the female self-employed," GLO Discussion Paper Series 788, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Carracedo, Patricia & Puertas, Rosa & Marti, Luisa, 2021. "Research lines on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on business. A text mining analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 586-593.
- Enrico Berbenni & Stefano Colombo, 2021. "The impact of pandemics: revising the Spanish Flu in Italy in light of models’ predictions, and some lessons for the Covid-19 pandemic," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 48(2), pages 219-243, June.
- Aziz N. Berdiev & James W. Saunoris, 2021. "Do Disease Epidemics Stimulate or Repress Entrepreneurial Activity?," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 47(4), pages 464-486, October.
- Irena Lacka & Blazej Supron, 2021. "The Impact of COVID-19 on Road Freight Transport Evidence from Poland," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special 3), pages 319-333.
- Michela Piccarozzi & Cecilia Silvestri & Patrizio Morganti, 2021. "COVID-19 in Management Studies: A Systematic Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-28, March.
- Iva Gregurec & Martina Tomičić Furjan & Katarina Tomičić-Pupek, 2021. "The Impact of COVID-19 on Sustainable Business Models in SMEs," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-24, January.
- Yanto Chandra, 2018. "Mapping the evolution of entrepreneurship as a field of research (1990–2013): A scientometric analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(1), pages 1-24, January.
- George, Ammu & Li, Changtai & Lim, Jing Zhi & Xie, Taojun, 2021. "From SARS to COVID-19: The evolving role of China-ASEAN production network," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Phurichai Rungcharoenkitkul, 2021.
"Macroeconomic effects of COVID‐19: A mid‐term review,"
Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 439-458, October.
- Phurichai Rungcharoenkitkul, 2021. "Macroeconomic effects of Covid-19: a mid-term review," BIS Working Papers 959, Bank for International Settlements.
- A. G. Aganbegyan & A. N. Klepach & B. N. Porfiryev & M. N. Uzyakov & A. A. Shirov, 2020. "Post-Pandemic Recovery: The Russian Economy and the Transition to Sustainable Social and Economic Development," Studies on Russian Economic Development, Springer, vol. 31(6), pages 599-605, November.
- Baert, Stijn & Lippens, Louis & Moens, Eline & Weytjens, Johannes & Sterkens, Philippe, 2020.
"The COVID-19 Crisis and Telework: A Research Survey on Experiences, Expectations and Hopes,"
IZA Discussion Papers
13229, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stijn Baert & Louis Lippens & Eline Moens & Philippe Sterkens & Johannes Weytjens, 2020. "The COVID-19 crisis and telework: A research survey on experiences, expectations and hopes," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 20/996, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Baert, Stijn & Lippens, Louis & Moens, Eline & Sterkens, Philippe & Weytjens, Johannes, 2020. "The COVID-19 crisis and telework: A research survey on experiences, expectations and hopes," GLO Discussion Paper Series 532, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Piotr Sorokowski & Agata Groyecka & Marta Kowal & Agnieszka Sorokowska & Michał Białek & Izabela Lebuda & Małgorzata Dobrowolska & Przemysław Zdybek & Maciej Karwowski, 2020. "Can Information about Pandemics Increase Negative Attitudes toward Foreign Groups? A Case of COVID-19 Outbreak," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(12), pages 1-10, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSMEs; resilience; sustainable entrepreneurship; governmental support; COVID-19;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:15:p:8441-:d:603555. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.