Reporting Sustainability in China: Evidence from the Global Powers of Luxury Goods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhan, Lingjing & He, Yanqun, 2012. "Understanding luxury consumption in China: Consumer perceptions of best-known brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1452-1460.
- Park, Byung Il & Ghauri, Pervez N., 2015. "Determinants influencing CSR practices in small and medium sized MNE subsidiaries: A stakeholder perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 192-204.
- Pamela Kent & Reza Monem, 2008. "What Drives TBL Reporting: Good Governance or Threat to Legitimacy?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(4), pages 297-309, December.
- Laurence Vigneau & Michael Humphreys & Jeremy Moon, 2015. "How Do Firms Comply with International Sustainability Standards? Processes and Consequences of Adopting the Global Reporting Initiative," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(2), pages 469-486, October.
- Stephen Chen & Petra Bouvain, 2009. "Is Corporate Responsibility Converging? A Comparison of Corporate Responsibility Reporting in the USA, UK, Australia, and Germany," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 299-317, April.
- Suwina Cheng & Kenny Z. Lin & William Wong, 2016. "Corporate social responsibility reporting and firm performance: evidence from China," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(3), pages 503-523, September.
- Dan Caprar & Benjamin Neville, 2012. "“Norming” and “Conforming”: Integrating Cultural and Institutional Explanations for Sustainability Adoption in Business," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 231-245, October.
- Donal Crilly & Na Ni & Yuwei Jiang, 2016. "Do-no-harm versus do-good social responsibility: Attributional thinking and the liability of foreignness," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7), pages 1316-1329, July.
- Jean-Noël Kapferer & Anne Michaut-Denizeau, 2014. "Is luxury compatible with sustainability? Luxury consumers' viewpoint," Post-Print hal-00977183, HAL.
- Mao-Chang Wang, 2017. "The Relationship between Firm Characteristics and the Disclosure of Sustainability Reporting," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-14, April.
- ChungMing Lau & Yuan Lu & Qiang Liang, 2016. "Corporate Social Responsibility in China: A Corporate Governance Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 73-87, June.
- Cornelia Dascalu & Chirata Caraiani & Camelia Iuliana Lungu & Florian Colceag & Gina Raluca Guse, 2010. "The externalities in social environmental accounting," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 19-30, March.
- Hazar Ben Barka & Ali Dardour, 2015. "Investigating the relationship between director’s profile, board interlocks and corporate social responsibility," Post-Print halshs-01139747, HAL.
- Francesco Perrini & Angeloantonio Russo & Antonio Tencati, 2007. "CSR Strategies of SMEs and Large Firms. Evidence from Italy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 285-300, September.
- Irene M. Herremans & Jamal A. Nazari & Fereshteh Mahmoudian, 2016. "Stakeholder Relationships, Engagement, and Sustainability Reporting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 417-435, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amr ElAlfy & Nicholas Palaschuk & Dina El-Bassiouny & Jeffrey Wilson & Olaf Weber, 2020. "Scoping the Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Research in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Era," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-21, July.
- Margherita Pero & Elisa Arrigo & Antoinette Fionda-Douglas, 2020. "Sustainability in Fashion Brands," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-4, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- María Luisa Pajuelo Moreno & Teresa Duarte-Atoche, 2019. "Relationship between Sustainable Disclosure and Performance—An Extension of Ullmann’s Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-33, August.
- María Consuelo Pucheta‐Martínez & Isabel Gallego‐Álvarez, 2019. "An international approach of the relationship between board attributes and the disclosure of corporate social responsibility issues," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(3), pages 612-627, May.
- Schembri, Joe & Tang, Yee Kwan & Fletcher, Margaret & Dimitratos, Pavlos, 2019. "How do European trade promotion organisations manage their stakeholders?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1-1.
- Pisani, Niccolò & Kourula, Arno & Kolk, Ans & Meijer, Renske, 2017. "How global is international CSR research? Insights and recommendations from a systematic review," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 591-614.
- McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo & Wang, Mingzhu, 2017. "The role of board gender and foreign ownership in the CSR performance of Chinese listed firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 75-99.
- Feng, Yunting & Lai, Kee-hung & Zhu, Qinghua, 2020. "Legitimacy in operations: How sustainability certification announcements by Chinese listed enterprises influence their market value?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 224(C).
- Francesca Gennari, 2019. "How to Lead the Board of Directors to a Sustainable Development of Business with the CSR Committees," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-17, December.
- Meibo Hu & Lawrence Loh, 2018. "Board Governance and Sustainability Disclosure: A Cross-Sectional Study of Singapore-Listed Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-14, July.
- François Maon & Valérie Swaen & Adam Lindgreen, 2017.
"One Vision, Different Paths: An Investigation of Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives in Europe,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 143(2), pages 405-422, June.
- François Maon & Valérie Swaen & Adam Lindgreen, 2015. "One Vision, Different Paths: An Investigation of Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives in Europe," Post-Print hal-01563021, HAL.
- Anna Jessop & Nicole Wilson & Michal Bardecki & Cory Searcy, 2019. "Corporate Environmental Disclosure in India: An Analysis of Multinational and Domestic Agrochemical Corporations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-33, September.
- Kathyayini Rao & Carol Tilt, 2016. "Board Composition and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Diversity, Gender, Strategy and Decision Making," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 327-347, October.
- Mazboudi, Mohamad & Sidani, Yusuf M. & Al Ariss, Akram, 2020. "Harmonization of firm CSR policies across national contexts: Evidence from Brazil & Sweden," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(5).
- Roger Leonard Burritt & Katherine Leanne Christ & Hussain Gulzar Rammal & Stefan Schaltegger, 2020. "Multinational Enterprise Strategies for Addressing Sustainability: the Need for Consolidation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 164(2), pages 389-410, June.
- Jamal Baz & Issam Laguir & Magalie Marais & Raffaele Staglianò, 2016. "Influence of National Institutions on the Corporate Social Responsibility Practices of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises in the Food-processing Industry: Differences Between France and Morocco," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 117-133, March.
- Roberto Fernández‐Gago & Laura Cabeza‐García & Mariano Nieto, 2018. "Independent directors' background and CSR disclosure," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(5), pages 991-1001, September.
- Larissa Shnayder & Frank J. Van Rijnsoever, 2018. "How expected outcomes, stakeholders, and institutions influence corporate social responsibility at different levels of large basic needs firms," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(8), pages 1689-1707, December.
- Alexandra ZBUCHEA & Florina PÎNZARU, 2017. "Tailoring CSR Strategy to Company Size?," Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy Journal, College of Management, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, vol. 5(3), pages 415-437, September.
- Patrycja Hąbek & Radosław Wolniak, 2016. "Assessing the quality of corporate social responsibility reports: the case of reporting practices in selected European Union member states," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 399-420, January.
- Heidi Weltzien Hoivik & Domènec Melé, 2009. "Can an SME Become a Global Corporate Citizen? Evidence from a Case Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 551-563, September.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2016.
"Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility in Developing Countries’ Industrial Clusters,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Giuliani, Elisa, 2014. "Human Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility in Developing Countries’ Industrial Clusters," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/9, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
More about this item
Keywordssustainability reporting; China; luxury companies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:9:p:3940-:d:356706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.