Review of Research into Enterprise Bankruptcy Prediction in Selected Central and Eastern European Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca, 1997. "Feedforward neural networks in the classification of financial information," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 183-202.
- Petr Jakubík & Petr Teplý, 2011. "The JT Index as an Indicator of Financial Stability of Corporate Sector," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2011(2), pages 157-176.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Bhabra, Gurmeet Singh & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2009. "DEA as a tool for bankruptcy assessment: A comparative study with logistic regression technique," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 412-424, March.
- Šlefendorfas Gediminas, 2016. "Bankruptcy Prediction Model for Private Limited Companies of Lithuania," Ekonomika (Economics), Sciendo, vol. 95(1), pages 134-152, January.
- Alexander Karminsky & Alexander Kostrov & Taras Murzenkov, 2012. "Comparison of default probability models: Russian experience," HSE Working papers WP BRP 06/FE/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Gregory-Allen, Russell B & Henderson, Glenn V, Jr, 1991. "A Brief Review of Catastrophe Theory and a Test in a Corporate Failure Context," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(2), pages 127-155, May.
- Anatoly Peresetsky & Alexandr Karminsky & Sergei Golovan, 2011.
"Probability of default models of Russian banks,"
Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 297-334, November.
- Peresetsky, Anatoly & Karminsky, Alexandr & Golovan, Sergei, 2004. "Probability of default models of Russian banks," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2004, Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT).
- Lee, Tsun-Siou & Yeh, Yin-Hua & Liu, Rong-Tze, 2003. "Can Corporate Governance Variables Enhance the Prediction Power of Accounting-Based Financial Distress Prediction Models?," CEI Working Paper Series 2003-14, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ondřej Machek, 2014. "Long-term Predictive Ability of Bankruptcy Models in the Czech Republic: Evidence from 2007-2012," Central European Business Review, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2014(2), pages 14-17.
- E. A. Fedorova & S. E. Dovzhenko & F. Yu. Fedorov, 2016. "Bankruptcy-prediction models for Russian enterprises: Specific sector-related characteristics," Studies on Russian Economic Development, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 254-261, May.
- David Alaminos & Agustín del Castillo & Manuel Ángel Fernández, 2016. "A Global Model for Bankruptcy Prediction," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Corici Marian Catalin & Medar Lucian Ion, 2016. "Analysis Methods Of Bankruptcy Risk In Romanian Energy Mining Industry," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 180-185, December.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy: A Discriminant Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 193-194, March.
- Ohlson, Ja, 1980. "Financial Ratios And The Probabilistic Prediction Of Bankruptcy," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 109-131.
- Zmijewski, Me, 1984. "Methodological Issues Related To The Estimation Of Financial Distress Prediction Models," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22, pages 59-82.
- Péter Bauer & Marianna Endrész, 2016. "Modelling Bankruptcy Using Hungarian Firm-Level Data," MNB Occasional Papers 2016/122, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Erkki K. Laitinen & Teija Laitinen, 1998. "Cash Management Behavior and Failure Prediction," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(7&8), pages 893-919.
- Ruslan Druzin, 2013. "About Possibility Of Usage Methodological Approaches To Bankruptcy Prediction," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 18.
- Rozsa Andrea, 2014. "Financial Performance Analysis And Bankruptcy Prediction In Hungarian Dairy Sector," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 938-947, July.
- Nicoleta Barbuta-Misu, 2012. "Aggregated Index for Modelling the Influence of Financial Variables on Enterprise Performance," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 2(31), pages 155-165, May.
- Molinero, C Mar & Ezzamel, M, 1991. "Multidimensional scaling applied to corporate failure," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 259-274.
- Grunert, Jens & Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2005.
"The role of non-financial factors in internal credit ratings,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 509-531, February.
- Grunert, Jens & Norden, Lars & Weber, Martin, 2002. "The Role of Non-financial Factors in Internal Credit Ratings," CEPR Discussion Papers 3415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:zbw:bofitp:2004_021 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ioan-Bogdan Robu & Mihaela-Alina Robu & Marilena Mironiuc & Florentina Olivia Balu, 2014. "The Value Relevance of Financial Distress Risk in the Case of RASDAQ Companies," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 623-642, December.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- Irina Voronova, 2012. "Financial Risks: Cases Of Non-Financial Enterprises," Chapters, in: Jan Emblemsvag (ed.), Risk Management for the Future - Theory and Cases, IntechOpen.
- Erkki K. Laitinen & Teija Laitinen, 1998. "Cash Management Behavior and Failure Prediction," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(7‐8), pages 893-919, September.
- Aliaksei P. Smolski, 2006. "Tendencies and problems of economical insolvency (bankruptcy) institution development in Belarus: 1991 - 2005," Law and Economics smolski_aliaksei.39168-b1, Socionet.
- P. Du Jardin & E. Séverin, 2011.
"Predicting Corporate Bankruptcy Using Self-Organising map: An empirical study to Improve the Forecasting horizon of financial failure model,"
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2011. "Predicting corporate bankruptcy using a self-organizing map: An empirical study to improve the forecasting horizon of a financial failure model," MPRA Paper 44262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wolfgang K. Härdle & Rouslan A. Moro & Dorothea Schäfer, 2004. "Rating Companies with Support Vector Machines," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 416, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2010. "Dynamic analysis of the business failure process: A study of bankruptcy trajectories," MPRA Paper 44379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Camelia Burja & Vasile Burja, 2013. "Entrepreneurial Risk And Performance: Empirical Evidence Of Romanian Agricultural Holdings," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(15), pages 1-21.
- Miroslava Dolejšová, 2015. "Is it Worth Comparing Different Bankruptcy Models?," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 525-531.
- Irina Genriha & Gaida Pettere & Irina Voronova, 2011. "Entrepreneurship insolvency risk management: a case of Latvia," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 31-46.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- Janda, Karel & Rakicova, Anna, 2014. "Corporate Bankruptcies in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia and Serbia," MPRA Paper 54109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Kolari & Michele Caputo & Drew Wagner, 1996. "Trait Recognition: An Alternative Approach to Early Warning Systems in Commercial Banking," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1415-1434, December.
- Battiston, Stefano & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2007. "Credit chains and bankruptcy propagation in production networks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2061-2084, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tamás Kristóf & Miklós Virág, 2020. "A Comprehensive Review of Corporate Bankruptcy Prediction in Hungary," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(2), pages 1-20, February.
- Vavrek, Roman & Vozárová, Ivana Kravčáková & Kotulič, Rastislav & Adamišin, Peter & Dubravská, Mariana & Ivanková, Viera, 2022. "Assessing the financial health of agricultural enterprises incorporating the spatial dimension," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 25(3), March.
- Elena Gregova & Katarina Valaskova & Peter Adamko & Milos Tumpach & Jaroslav Jaros, 2020. "Predicting Financial Distress of Slovak Enterprises: Comparison of Selected Traditional and Learning Algorithms Methods," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(10), pages 1-17, May.
- Gianfranco Lombardo & Mattia Pellegrino & George Adosoglou & Stefano Cagnoni & Panos M. Pardalos & Agostino Poggi, 2022. "Machine Learning for Bankruptcy Prediction in the American Stock Market: Dataset and Benchmarks," Future Internet, MDPI, vol. 14(8), pages 1-23, August.
- Lucia Svabova & Lucia Michalkova & Marek Durica & Elvira Nica, 2020. "Business Failure Prediction for Slovak Small and Medium-Sized Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(11), pages 1-14, June.
- Wei Xu & Yuchen Pan & Wenting Chen & Hongyong Fu, 2019. "Forecasting Corporate Failure in the Chinese Energy Sector: A Novel Integrated Model of Deep Learning and Support Vector Machine," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(12), pages 1-20, June.
- Ptak-Chmielewska Aneta, 2021. "Bankruptcy prediction of small- and medium-sized enterprises in Poland based on the LDA and SVM methods," Statistics in Transition New Series, Polish Statistical Association, vol. 22(1), pages 179-195, March.
- Aneta Ptak-Chmielewska, 2019. "Predicting Micro-Enterprise Failures Using Data Mining Techniques," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Andrzej Jaki & Wojciech Ćwięk, 2020. "Bankruptcy Prediction Models Based on Value Measures," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Dorohan-Pysarenko, Liudmyla & Rębilas, Rafał & Yehorova, Olena & Yasnolob, Ilona & Kononenko, Zhanna, 2021. "Methodological peculiarities of probability estimation of bankruptcy of agrarian enterprises in Ukraine," Agricultural and Resource Economics: International Scientific E-Journal, Agricultural and Resource Economics: International Scientific E-Journal, vol. 7(2), June.
- Aneta Ptak-Chmielewska, 2021. "Bankruptcy prediction of small- and medium-sized enterprises in Poland based on the LDA and SVM methods," Statistics in Transition New Series, Polish Statistical Association, vol. 22(1), pages 179-195, March.
- Katarina Valaskova & Pavol Durana & Peter Adamko & Jaroslav Jaros, 2020. "Financial Compass for Slovak Enterprises: Modeling Economic Stability of Agricultural Entities," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(5), pages 1-16, May.
- Jerzy Kitowski & Anna Kowal-Pawul & Wojciech Lichota, 2022. "Identifying Symptoms of Bankruptcy Risk Based on Bankruptcy Prediction Models—A Case Study of Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(3), pages 1-18, January.
- Muhammad Ramadhani Kesuma & Felisitas Defung & Anisa Kusumawardani, 2021. "Bankruptcy Prediction And Its Effect On Stock Prices As Impact Of The COVID-19 Pandemic," TechHub Journal, TechHub Research, vol. 25(1), pages 567-582, November.
- Błażej Prusak & Paweł Galiński, 2021. "Approval of an Arrangement in the Restructuring Proceedings and the Financial Condition of Companies Listed on the Stock Exchanges in Warsaw. Is There Any Relationship?," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(11), pages 1-16, November.
- Michal Pavlicko & Marek Durica & Jaroslav Mazanec, 2021. "Ensemble Model of the Financial Distress Prediction in Visegrad Group Countries," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 9(16), pages 1-26, August.
- Oliver Lukason & Germo Valgenberg, 2021. "Failure Prediction in the Condition of Information Asymmetry: Tax Arrears as a Substitute When Financial Ratios Are Outdated," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(10), pages 1-13, October.
- Muhammad Ramadhani Kesuma & Felisitas Defung & Anisa Kusumawardani, 2021. "Bankruptcy Prediction And Its Effect On Stock Prices As Impact Of The COVID-19 Pandemic," Technium Social Sciences Journal, Technium Science, vol. 25(1), pages 567-582, November.
- Michal Pavlicko & Jaroslav Mazanec, 2022. "Minimalistic Logit Model as an Effective Tool for Predicting the Risk of Financial Distress in the Visegrad Group," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 10(8), pages 1-22, April.
- Błażej Prusak & Marcin Potrykus, 2021. "Short-Term Price Reaction to Filing for Bankruptcy and Restructuring Proceedings—The Case of Poland," Risks, MDPI, vol. 9(3), pages 1-14, March.
- Dagmar Camska & Jiri Klecka, 2020. "Comparison of Prediction Models Applied in Economic Recession and Expansion," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-16, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Şaban Çelik, 2013. "Micro Credit Risk Metrics: A Comprehensive Review," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 233-272, October.
- fernández, María t. Tascón & gutiérrez, Francisco J. Castaño, 2012. "Variables y Modelos Para La Identificación y Predicción Del Fracaso Empresarial: Revisión de La Investigación Empírica Reciente," Revista de Contabilidad - Spanish Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 7-58.
- Prusak Błażej, 2019. "Corporate Bankruptcy Prediction in Poland Against the Background of Foreign Experience," Financial Internet Quarterly (formerly e-Finanse), Sciendo, vol. 15(1), pages 10-19, March.
- Francesco Ciampi & Valentina Cillo & Fabio Fiano, 2020. "Combining Kohonen maps and prior payment behavior for small enterprise default prediction," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1007-1039, April.
- Mohammad Mahdi Mousavi & Jamal Ouenniche, 2018. "Multi-criteria ranking of corporate distress prediction models: empirical evaluation and methodological contributions," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 271(2), pages 853-886, December.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi, 2016. "Distressed Company Prediction Using Logistic Regression: Tunisianâ€™s Case," Quarterly Journal of Business Studies, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 34-54.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi & Inane Kanzari & Mohamed Tahar Rajhi, 2015. "Development of a Prediction Model of Failure in Tunisian Companies: Comparison between Logistic Regression and Support Vector Machines," International Journal of Empirical Finance, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(3), pages 184-205.
- Bhimani, Alnoor & Gulamhussen, Mohamed Azzim & Lopes, Samuel Da-Rocha, 2010. "Accounting and non-accounting determinants of default: An analysis of privately-held firms," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 517-532, November.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2015. "Bankruptcy prediction using terminal failure processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 286-303.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2012. "The influence of variable selection methods on the accuracy of bankruptcy prediction models," MPRA Paper 44383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Psillaki, Maria & Tsolas, Ioannis E. & Margaritis, Dimitris, 2010. "Evaluation of credit risk based on firm performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 873-881, March.
- Tamás Kristóf & Miklós Virág, 2020. "A Comprehensive Review of Corporate Bankruptcy Prediction in Hungary," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(2), pages 1-20, February.
- Ana Paula Matias Gama & Helena Susana Amaral Geraldes, 2012. "Credit risk assessment and the impact of the New Basel Capital Accord on small and medium-sized enterprises: An empirical analysis," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(8), pages 727-749, July.
- Bhanu Pratap Singh & Alok Kumar Mishra, 2016. "Re-estimation and comparisons of alternative accounting based bankruptcy prediction models for Indian companies," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Zhou, Fanyin & Fu, Lijun & Li, Zhiyong & Xu, Jiawei, 2022. "The recurrence of financial distress: A survival analysis," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1100-1115.
- Mousavi, Mohammad M. & Ouenniche, Jamal & Xu, Bing, 2015. "Performance evaluation of bankruptcy prediction models: An orientation-free super-efficiency DEA-based framework," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 64-75.
- Jairaj Gupta & Andros Gregoriou & Jerome Healy, 2015. "Forecasting bankruptcy for SMEs using hazard function: To what extent does size matter?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 845-869, November.
- Fernando Zambrano Farias & María del Carmen Valls Martínez & Pedro Antonio Martín-Cervantes, 2021. "Explanatory Factors of Business Failure: Literature Review and Global Trends," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(18), pages 1-25, September.
- Matthew Smith & Francisco Alvarez, 2022. "Predicting Firm-Level Bankruptcy in the Spanish Economy Using Extreme Gradient Boosting," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 59(1), pages 263-295, January.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate bankruptcy prediction; bankruptcy risk; financial analysis; comparative analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jijfss:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:60-:d:153935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.