Aggregated Index for Modelling the Influence of Financial Variables on Enterprise Performance
The aim of the paper is developing a financial performance aggregate index for modelling the relationship between some financial indicators and enterprise financial performance. The model was developed for enterprises acting in the building sector from Galati County – Romania, the source being bankruptcy risk models. To choose model variables was used discriminate analysis on 22 variables proposed that separate objectively performant by non-performant enterprises. The proposed model with five variables was tested using the initial sample of enterprises obtaining an average success ratio of 81.82%. Designing and development a model for evaluation financial performance is important and useful for ranking enterprises at national level.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tudor Florin, 2011. "Causes And Effects Of Romania Deepening Financial Crisis. Short Term Means," Perspectives of Innovation in Economics and Business (PIEB), Prague Development Center, vol. 8(2), pages 10-16, August.
- Sohn, So Young & Kim, Hong Sik, 2007. "Random effects logistic regression model for default prediction of technology credit guarantee fund," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 472-478, November.
- Nicolau, Mihaela, 2010.
"Practitioners' tools in analysing financial markets evolution,"
25646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mihaela Nicolau, 2010. "Practitioners' Tools in Analysing Financial Markets Evolution," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 3(3), pages 83-104, August.
- Edmister, Robert O., 1972. "An Empirical Test of Financial Ratio Analysis for Small Business Failure Prediction," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 1477-1493, March.
- Cristina Maria Triandafil & Petre Brezeanu, 2010. "Corporate Financial Analysis And Localization Criteria - Emerging Versus Developed Countries: Case Study On It Commercial Companies," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 10(3), pages 341-348.
- Cristina Maria Triandafil & Petre Brezeanu & Leonardo Badea, 2008. "Corporate Rating. Multidimensional Perspective in the Context of the Differentiation in Terms of Localization Criteria. Empirical Perspective on Developed versus Emerging Countries," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 10(10(527)), pages 03-16, October.
- Grammenos, C.Th. & Nomikos, N.K. & Papapostolou, N.C., 2008. "Estimating the probability of default for shipping high yield bond issues," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 1123-1138, November.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, 09.
- Radu Stroe & Nicoleta Barbuta-Misu, 2010. "Predicting the Financial Performance of the Building Sector Enterprises -- Case Study of Galati County (Romania)," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 2(1), pages 029-039, June.
- Barbuta Misu, Nicoleta, 2009. "Modelling the Financial Performance of the Building Sector Enterprises – The case of ROMANIA," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 195-212, December.
- Altman, Edward I., 1977. "Predicting performance in the savings and loan association industry," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 443-466, October.
- Matthias Kahl, 2002. "Economic Distress, Financial Distress, and Dynamic Liquidation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 135-168, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dug:journl:y:2012:i:2:p:155-165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Nuta)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.